No announcement yet.

Should I go to the hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called my doctor's office and spoke the nurse practitioner, and she said the symptoms sounded like a stomach virus at worst. So hydrate myself, rest, and see how I feel in a few hours...

I could barely walk straight to the drug store and back! People must have thought I was drunk at 8:30 am.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

God, its hypochondriac's corner.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Should I go to the hospital?

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        So...hospital is across the street, and I am insured...should I go?
        When in doubt, and you seem to be, (and since you're insured) go to the hospital. The worst that can happen is it wastes a few hours of your life (so bring something to read should you need to wait a long time).
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

So, what are your ailment Horsey?

Comment

get a grip you've got a stomach bug, not leprosy
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Look, I like a good chunder as much as the next guy.

Boris unless there's blood in your stool or serious pain or high fever, whatever, the evacuation is a good thing - you should feel better soon. Just rest and drink fluids, like energy drinks (non dairy).

Its better to let it all go, cleans you out. Don't take anything to stop the trots. Your body is flushing the bugs out. But if in doubt see a doctor.

I speak as one who lived in Asia for many years and now has a clay pipe for an intestine.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I haven't been able to keep down any of the liquids at all. It's like everything just sits in my stomach and then wooooooosh it's back up it all goes. Ugh...
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

A few people have had the same thing over here Boris. It should last about 3 days. Very unpleasant but nothing much you can do except wait it out.

Get well soon!
                  What?

Comment

Don't drink tap water for a few days - it might be that.

Have you eaten anywhere suspiciously unhygienic or prepared food a little unsafely recently?

I'd give it time before going to the doc (hospital???!!)
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Some very rough guidelines for food poisoning

2-3 hrs after eating food kept warm -> very violent vomiting and diarrhea ->staph food poisoning
                      4-6 hrs after eating undercooked eggs or poultry-> varies in intensity, mostly diarrhea-> salmonella
                      24 hrs after eating (the classic infection is from non-refrigerated whipped cream) but nowadays undercooked hamburgers more common-> can be bloody diarrhea -> E.coli, definitely see a physician
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Personally, I'd tough it out. It takes a lot to get me to go to the hospital or take medicine.
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                        X