Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who live outside the US: What is your opinion of the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I get to move to the US of A and work there, and serve in the military.
    Attached Files
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You missed an option in the poll. I want to vote for "The US is an imperialistic evil empire that should be encouraged".

I presume most americans are fairly ordinary people (the one's I have met are anyway - but I don't get out much), it is just the political leadership who have an exaggerated sense of their own importance.

The reason I want this option is that it gives the rest of the world something to unite against. That may be tough on americans but there is a simple alternative for them (invent a political system that doesn't elect idiots and sh**heads to political office).
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

why #5 of course

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
          Kramerman -

I would rather see almost any of the american apolytoners ...

fez?
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Fez would do wonders to the US compared to Bush, if only he was elected president
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              Fez would do wonders to the US compared to Bush, if only he was elected president

I dunno about that one... might as well have john ashcroft be president

EDIT: america got kinda screwed in the last election, I mean, we were really between a rock and a hard place. Bush or Gore? Cyinide or Nerve Gas? We picked our poison, and for the most part im confident we picked the lesser 'evil'. I think too many give Bush too hard of a time. We could definately have done better, but being pres is a hard job. Not easy trying to make the most people happy and still trying to not compromise what you believe to be in the best interest of the state.

Kman
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

The most popular answer would be, "I hate the US and I want to move there."
                "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
                  The USA with its constant patting itself on the back is as comical as its insistence with forcing young children to pledge their allegiance on a regular basis.
                  We don't really force them to pledge allegiance to the flag anymore. At least not in public school. Well maybe the little ones we do.
                  "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                  "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                  "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I like collard greens, cornbread, blue corn chips and cioppino. Oh, and those day old sourdough loaves, with soup served in'em.

I also like Big Maybelle, Alberta Hunter, and Merle Haggard.

Sorry, what was the question?
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

It was a good try, Joe.

I live here, so I'm not really a member of the group you were targeting, but I will say this about the country of my birth:

First, I've seen a fair bit of the world, and I'd rather not live anyplace else.

And second, as a nation, we fall well short of the ideals we were founded on, but the difference is, we WERE founded on ideals, and once in a great while, there are brief shining moments when we live up to them.

I view America as a titan who has no good sense of himself. Hopefully, one day, we will find that sense.

-=Vel=-
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Edit/Expansion to the above: When I say we are a nation founded on ideals, I mean...as opposed to being founded on something silly like the divine right of kings, or, borne up on the back of a power-hungry dictator. If you recall, our first president HAD the opportunity to pretty much become "King" of America.

He did not, and his nemesis, King George, of England said once that "if Washington returns to his farm after his tenure in power, he will be the man of the age."

The English King was right.

-=Vel=-
                        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                        X