Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who live outside the US: What is your opinion of the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option # 2, "I support the US in most cases, including Iraq."

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      Oh, and about the upcoming war -- Neantherthal Bush has decided to wait until mid-February.
      Stop these insults! The Neanderthals were peaceful people!

Comment

I was option 2 with Clinton, I'm option 4 with Bush

Comment

Option 5...the American people have such a passion for freedoms, for democracy, for friendship...it's such a shame those values aren't reflected in their leadership or its policies.
          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
            3# George W Bush. I believe you can do better than that. I would rather see almost any of the american apolytoners as the president of US over Dubya.
            Actually, Wiglaf is George W. Bush.
            What?

Comment

Actually, Wiglaf is George W. Bush.
              Wait, wasn't ottok George W. Bush?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Wait, wasn't ottok George W. Bush?

DL's ?
                What?

Comment

Wiglaf is Donald Rumsfeld. CivNation is John Ashcroft.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

The structure of the question reflect quite strongly how I feel about the US - that there's an unfortunate mentality of 'you're either with us or against us!'
                    I hope you recognize that "I love the US, I wish I lived there!" and "I support the US on some issues, and against them on others" are not at all mutually exclusive options.

Comment

I dislike Bush intensely but not the US, I distinguish between the two.

The USA with its constant patting itself on the back is as comical as its insistence with forcing young children to pledge their allegiance on a regular basis.

Heh, if they didn't who knows what they might become?possibly even become frenchmen! *shock horror*

Comment

Hmmm, another settler in the OTF who says he isn't a DL. We should have a vote to see how many of us actually believe him.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I support the US in most cases, but I'm against a war

I always had a positive view on USA and I used to like any US-president (even including RR and father Bush).
                          however, GW is damaging my view on the US every time he opens his mouth.
                          justice is might

Comment

I'm planning on moving to USA... well, have been planning that since... ehmm... for a very long time now

Though I hope Bush is out at that time, when I finally get enough money to move there...
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Opinion of the US (government)-- it is feeling the weight of the realization that it is the sole superpower in an era where the only enemies have evolved into something on which massive force and might has less effect

It is steadfast in its belief that it must do the "right thing" which of course is its (American) view of the right thing and may ignore opinions of a multitude of other free democratic nations. This combines nicely with the belief that the "American way of life" is inherently best

American people -- The individuals I met (several hundred) were generally nice folks with little concept of the world outside their borders or the current "hotspot of the day". . . A bit insular but even without knowledge, very secure in their "superiority" over other places and governmental systems.

So I neither hate nor love America and/or Americans -- like any place, it has its flaws and positive attributes. I think only someone that is willfully ignorant of reality, or trolling, could take a position on either extreme with respect to a nation as muddled in intent and practice as the United States. I find it a nation rife with contradiction
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

America is responsible for lots of luxury items that make living easier and more fun.

But their patriotism makes my skin crawl.

Comment

Working...
                                X