Russa Vs China: Who would win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russa Vs China: Who would win?

Obviously Russia is significantly weaker than during the Soviet Union, and even then they lost to Finland. China, in the meantime, has boosted its military dramatically over the last few decades. Plus, China's got everything that Russia has and more.

I think the answer is obvious, and is also the reason that Russia was so eager to sign a treaty with China. China would whoop their asses without breaking a sweat.

Discuss.
    China, because they're cool like that
    38.71%
    Russia, because they cheat
    61.29%
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Russia, cause 6000+ nukes on MRV missiles beat 400 on single warhead ICBM's and IRBM every day of the week.

So when do you get banned DaShi?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

how many people live in russia? 150 mill? china has got 10 times that...

I don't know, but maybe Russia has better weapons

btw, they didn't lose to Finland.
      CSPA

Comment

Not soon enough, it seems.

I doubt that it would be nuclear. MAD and all that.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
          how many people live in russia? 150 mill? china has got 10 times that...

I don't know, but maybe Russia has better weapons

btw, they didn't lose to Finland.
          China's pop will finally be an advantage here. Supposing they can handle the climate.
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

*sigh* no one reads Clancy anymore...
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Saras, its just that he's gotten sooo political. The book is sooo long, the type sooo small. Then there was the bit about the golden fleece, that was sooo absurd. Sooo I didn't finish it and watched the sci fi channel instead.

Sooo who did Clancy have as the winner?
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Russia (with some help from us). But it wasn't a very good book.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

China.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Arrian, the book sucked until action started. I vividly imagined sitting it out in the border bunker under arty barrage when the Chinese were crossing the river.
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

What page should I start on?

Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

When it comes down to it the Chinese have manpower and... little else. The Russians wouldn't ever invade the Chinese therefor the only way a war would occur is if the Chinese invade the CIS. In which case the Russians would probably attempt to use their nuclear arsonal to even the odds.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                          *sigh* no one reads Clancy anymore...
                          Has he been good once?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah, where does the action really kick in for "The Bear and the Dragon" by Clancy? It's sitting on my bookshelf, mostly unread ... and that's a rarity for me w/Tom Clancy books. Then again, "Red Rabbit" looks like sh*t, too. Who the hell wants to read a preequel book set in the 1980s ... you know dang well that the main character isn't gonna die. Sheesh.

Anyway ... if the war didn't go nuclear, I'd bet on China being able to grab a chunk of Russian territory.

Gatekeeper
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

See flag.

But seriously, in a nuclear age, the chances of anyone "winning" is slim to none.
                              Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Working...
                              X