Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all nations have debt? Is the US debt the worst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all nations have debt? Is the US debt the worst?

So, who has the dough? Is it all in oil countries? China? In the hands of the rich people?

How bad is the US national debt compared to the national wealth? How are places like Germany and Japan doing?

The debt worries me.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Our debt is around 60% of the GDP. . something around 67BilUSD.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

ours is under 40% i think although its going up
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Re: Do all nations have debt? Is the US debt the worst?

Belgium: 108.5% in 2001;
        last years:
        109.6% in 2000;
        114.9% in 1999;
        119.5% in 1998;
        124.8% in 1997;
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I think pretty much all nations have debt. Except Switzerland, who's mountains are filled with gold and nuclear weapons.

Comment

Yes, most nations have debt .. Mostly comming from Borrowing from people (as in Government Bonds), private investment companies etc .. Of course, country's also borrow from other countries, but Im sure the US could pay off its debt in a flash if it taxed everybody a few % extra for a few years (and they payed up, and didn't flee to somewhere else .. big if's).
            "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Finland loaned about 100B €'s in 1989 - 1994...
              15% from our budget, every year, go to the interest rates...

Comment

i dont thinknorway has any debt. we've got too much money actually . using more of it on e.g. better health care and tax reliefs would cause inflation, or so say the government. a lot of people doesn't agree/understand this so they go off and vote for the right-wing populists
                CSPA

Comment

Norway is living in a Midas-nightmare.

Is it fun to spend €10 on a pizza?

Comment

a large pizza in a restaurant costs twice that.
                    CSPA

Comment

Here's a site to cheer you up Lancer.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

what's happening to the swedish kr? 1 SEK used to be about 1 NOK. now it's more like 1 SEK = 0,8 NOK
                        CSPA

Comment

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
                          Doesn't work for me... :/

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                            Except Switzerland
                            and Luxemburg.
                            , who's mountains are filled with gold and nuclear weapons.
                            Shelters, it's shelters, not weapons.
                            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

hi ,

in the country with the european capital , belgium the dept runs like 110 percent of the GNP , .....

well no wonder , people pay 50 % income tax , half of the economy is done under the table , .....

and the politcal parties are more occupied with the ME then the problems they have in belgium , ....

so US debt is still okay

it would be intresting for a country to build its debt to almost nothing , the intrest on those debts alone is incredible , without debts there would be more money , more jobs , more food , more money to give as foreign aide , .... etc , .....but it looks as some people never learned that , ...

have a nice debt free day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X