Volunteer Human Shields going to Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer Human Shields going to Iraq

Things could get very messy for the US led alliance if thousands go to Iraq to act as human shields.

This is an extraordinary phenomenon - some Australians have gone, Americans and Canadians as well.

The aim is to get thousands over there and thwart the military campaign.

Can it work?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

no.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

why not?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

These people are going to Baghdad to 'live among the Iraqis'. So coalition forces won't see these people until they get into the city. Then I'd guess that the human shields will be tied to the sides of Republican Guard tanks, or tied to the exterior walls and roofs of republican guard held buildings... tied by the Iraqis.

I don't know what I would do if I was a soldier asked to attack such a target. I guess I'd attack it.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Isn't this a repeat thread? I sware I saw the same thread just a few days ago. Am I wrong?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Shhhhh....

The world won't end.

Comment

why not?
              if the US risks it's relationship with the entire region, how would protestors stop it?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

One of the business professors here went to Iraq while on leave and did a study about the costs of human shields and how many would be needed to stop a particular target from being bombed. He caught some flack for it, but he wasn't disciplined.

Also, is anyone willing to take up a collection to send Horse to Iraq
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Did they write their will before they went?
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I imagine it was the usual happy horse****. Save Iraq! Stop the war! We care! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!?!

No clue that they will likely end their days tied to a dirty tank with Iraqi soldiers spitting and urinating on them.

Comment

Hard to blow up a bunch of grannies, idealistic youths and sweet old church pastors, which seems to be the people going.....

Comment

Yeah, tough to air out the grannies...the rest, eh.

Comment

It will be all over CNN if it happens - the Iraqis will make sure of that.

Comment

I doubt it, they will be victims of Saddam's regime. We didn't tie those people to that tank...

Comment

No they are saying they want to be put in dangerous spots. They won't need to be tied down.

Comment

Working...
                              X