Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP voting was a farce.
    Gannon was the Buc's MVP, hands down.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sloww.

Congratulations, Bucs. I'm glad for the stock markets sake that the NFC team won this year - it's about time!

Comment

• In my four years of running my pool, I've only ever asked for one thing in exchange... respect for my boys. Respect for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I sincerely hope that that's not too much to ask for after last night.

(I was entertaining company last night for the game, thus my absence.)

I'm still letting this sink in. Years I've been waiting for this... Finally the days all the criticism and ridicule and bashing about cold-weather curses and "having no offense" are at an end. The scary thing is, there's still lots of room for improvement after this
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• A new Qb is on that list.
          As suck as Gannon was, Johnson didn't light it up much.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• The Patriots after winning still got no respect and proved it by missing the Super Bowl. They are my inspiration for the Bucs .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• "The Patriots after winning still got no respect and proved it by missing the Super Bowl. They are my inspiration for the Bucs ."
              By /this\ much! Don't you go messin' with my Pats!
              Last edited by monolith94; January 27, 2003, 14:28.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

• How about thoses oakland fans, they (last week) riot when they win, and they riot when they lose.
                Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 27, 2003, 13:41.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• Yeah... but think about it. Tampa is a retirement community, so it's hard to picture a bunch of old farts taking to the streets and beating people with their canes and walkers And considering how weird most of the Oakland fans are, it's no surprise they would riot after a lost. Hmmm... I wonder what they would have done if they had won
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Very close, monolith.

Comment

• Imran how can you say Gannon was TB's mvp.

This is what irritates me. Esp. what Oakland's coach said after the game.

They won't admit that TB's defense was too much. Instead they say they weren't playing their best football, implying that they are a better team than TB and that win was a fluke. They did the same thing the Rams did all last years. They say the turnovers were their own fault. It never occurs to them those turnovers occured because of defensive pressure and defensive game plan. they watched film of Gannon, and knew what to do to beat and interecept him.

It was not a fluke! TB is the better team.

Comment

• While I would have to agree with you that TB IS the better team... I would also have to agree that Oakland didn't look sharp. Granted, it probably had a lot to do with the defense... However, they just looked like they weren't giving 100% until the middle of the fourth quarter.

On the other hand, TB's offense didn't really look that sharp as well. Yeah... Yeah... Yeah... they were good enough to win, but Johnson isn't the king of tight spirals. The majority of his passes looked like wounded ducks. And on many passes, he wasn't even close to his receivers
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Somewhere, John McKay is smiling.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Very close, monolith.

What the, what the! That ain't no Layla in my avatar! I don't need no whiny soft rocker white bluesman when I've got Fleur Delacour to look at!
                            Heck man, my DAD listens to the Clappster, nuff said!
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                              Instead they say they weren't playing their best football, implying that they are a better team than TB and that win was a fluke. They did the same thing the Rams did all last years. They say the turnovers were their own fault. It never occurs to them those turnovers occured because of defensive pressure and defensive game plan.
                              It would seem to me that admitting that they choked makes the Raiders seems far worse than if they just admitted they were beaten by a better team.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Has anybody heard why Oaklands starting center didn't play? I mean, I know he didn't play because he disappeared for 24 hours, but does anybody know why he disappeared?

I was rooting for TB, just because all you hear on the National talk radio sports show, was "Raider nation this, Raider nation that."

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X