Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you willing to do in the name of your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i was certain that it would preserve my country i would do the one's with x's.

X Give your wealth
    X Die
    X Loose your familiy/friends
    X Kill enemy soldiers
    X Kill enemy civilians
    X Kill enemy children
    X Do a terror act (not suicide)
    X Do a suicide terror act
    X Be tortued
    Be raped
    X Donate your blood
    X Tortue enemy soldiers
    X Tortue enemy civilians
    X Tortue enemy children
    X Launch weapons of mass destruction
    I would run from my country if war started
    I wouldn't run, but do nothing or eat bananas

edit: i suppose being willing to die and willing to do a terract implies suicide terract, so i cheked it.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

No need... I've known David for a long time... long before Apolyton ever existed
      Yeah but back then I would have had a different opinion, remember?
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't really see a situation where you would have to kill or torture civilians "in the name of your country".

A terror act - does that include military targets, or just civilian ones?
        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
          I don't really see a situation where you would have to kill or torture civilians "in the name of your country".

A terror act - does that include military targets, or just civilian ones?
          Since, terror acts are target at civilians, it doesn't include military targets.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Terror acts would most likely be aimed to disrupt something - like some factory production or to kill some person (by bombing his car in public for example). However, in all cases many civilians would die too.

You could have to tortue civilians if they for example gets from somewhere some info you need, etc. Also, you could do this to demoralize enemy civilians. To kill them you'd need if for example they works in a place you want to disrupt, or if you are beating information out of his/her relative. Same goes with children.

Comment

Since, terror acts are target at civilians, it doesn't include military targets.
              So blowing up a house filled with sleeping enemy soldiers isn't terror? Maybe not, but I would still do my best to terrorize any invading troops.

CSPA

Comment

Assuming it was a war in which our cause was just, I would certainly fight in defense of the country, give as much of my "wealth" as I could spare, and probably endure torture to keep a secret if it were valuable.

I would like to give blood, but am prohibited.

I would only flee the country if the war were unjust on our part and the regime had taken dictatorial control and was making life miserable. And provided I could not do any good remaining here.

So:

Give your wealth - Yes
                Die - Yes
                Loose your familiy/friends - Not willingly, not sure what this means...
                Kill enemy soldiers - In combat, yes
                Kill enemy civilians - No
                Kill enemy children - No
                Do a terror act (not suicide) - No
                Do a suicide terror act - No
                Be tortued - Yes
                Be raped - Yes
                Donate your blood - Yes
                Tortue enemy soldiers - No
                Tortue enemy civilians - No
                Tortue enemy children - No
                Launch weapons of mass destruction - No
                I would run from my country if war started - See above
                I wouldn't run, but do nothing or eat bananas - No
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'd like to add that it's pretty sick to be willing to torture a child but not be raped for the cause. Some priorities!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic
                    You could have to tortue civilians if they for example gets from somewhere some info you need, etc. Also, you could do this to demoralize enemy civilians. To kill them you'd need if for example they works in a place you want to disrupt, or if you are beating information out of his/her relative. Same goes with children.
                    I was assuming my country got invaded. I wouldn't encounter any enemy civilians (unless the enemy brought their families with them??)
                    CSPA

Comment

Why?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Boris, you wouldn't have to physically hurt the kid. Just say that monsters will eat his/her bunny or something
                        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Why?
                          Because I'm gay.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Why?

Gee Imran, would have anything to do with his sexuality would it?

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Because I'm gay.
                              D'oh!

ACK!

Comment

You forgot the running naked while singing the star spangle banner AND eating a Bannana for distracting the enemy option!

I would do that!
                                The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X