No announcement yet.

...I hear voices....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, it's called a really good imagination. Ever read a book and forget you're reading? Like everything's flowing into a movie?
    Your imagination is just hyper or something. I don't think I've ever heard voices, but then I rarely dream and noone's ever talked in those dreams. So maybe I just have a visual imagination and not aural. Can you hear songs really well if you try and remember them?
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
      Well, my psychiatrist says it could be several possibilites:

-Because it only happens when I'm dead tired and almost asleep, it could be my imagination.
      -I may have a thyroid problem.
      -My depression may be getting so bad that I have psychotic symptoms associated with it.
      -I may be a schizophrenic.
      Right now the dog next door is barking, telling me that the answer is "d", you're a psycho psycho, psycho!!!
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

About sleep paralysis. Has anyone who has ever suffered from that gotten the impression of a strange shape that accompanies the other symptoms? Not exactly something you see, but you can feel a strange shape that you can't quite get a handle on. My brother had the same thing, but I don't know if anyone else has.

I also used to wake up in the middle of the night totally immobile. No muscle control, no breathing. Scary as all ****ing hell. It took a supreme force of will to make my body move again.

Thankfully those things left with childhood. Now I just have very vivid dreams and deja vu all the time.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Right now the dog next door is barking, telling me that the answer is "d", you're a psycho psycho, psycho!!!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I figured I'd say it's your wife (you did have one right?)playing tricks on you but the stuff you have told rules that out... women never do what they are told.
            This a bit scary thread, the fact that you people probably aren't making this all up...
            I'm just boring since I've never had anything like many of you here. Only wierd thing apart from occasional falling sensations and waking up, which is very rare for me, was when "I burned a fuse" or something. I dunno how else to describe it. I was going to bed one night and I wasn't even nearly sleep when I had some sort of boom sound in my head, and it felt and sounded too like a electric shock. Not very powerful, it didn't hurt but was weird as hell.

Comment

I get that where sounds in my head seem more 'exterior' than usual just before sleeping. I can still tell the difference though.

Tassadar, when you stop being able to tell they are just in your head, it'll be time for that long vacation you've been planning

Comment

Tassadar - it's a completely normal part of falling asleep. Usually , by the time you hear the voices your concious mind is already turned off. But not always. When falling asleep you can also think that someone is touching you or watching you. All perfectly ok, though scary.

I had the same things too btw.

Comment

erm... siro, no.

It was me who was touching you.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

When the brain requires sleep (a sort of "timeout" when experiences of the day need to be sorted out and filed or discarded according to percieved importance, there is a transition period where the concious and subconcious minds intersect. In that time, we translate daily events into memories and call up old memories as templates for the incorporation process.

Before I quite fall asleep, my concious mind is not quite ready to relinquish control. I tend to invent vague problems to solve, some people create social ones, etc. But it is just a transition period. Don't worry about it.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

*waits for Siro's response*
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Oh Tass well in that case tell yourself to SHUTUP before you go to sleep at night

LAHHOOOHOOSSER...j/k
                        The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
                          Oh Tass well in that case tell yourself to SHUTUP before you go to sleep at night

LAHHOOOHOOSSER...j/k
                          Hmm.............Oh my, I hear something..........The voices! Their saying........

Ming.......can you close this thread?.......
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I have too

I was freaked out for a bit

but than I just realised I was talking to myself

so eveything was cool

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                            X