Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new strategy for picking up women: - and what are your strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH
    Well in certain circles Valerie Harper is known as the new Liza !

That hungry were you?

Who is Valerie Harper? Was she Rhoda?
    Yeah, she was Rhoda, I believe. I had just seen her on Broadway in The Tale of the Allergist's Wife. I lied to her face and told her I thought she was terrific in it.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sometimes, you have to be bold, daring:

"Hello, my name is Urban Ranger. I noticed you as we were walking and I was wondering if I may give you my phone number/get your phone number?"

Smile! Hands out of pockets, chin up, shoulders back, and look her in the eye!

Remember: the worst she can do is say "no."

I had a friend who had a girl say to him "Why are you irritating me?" to which he replied "I thought a woman as attractive as you would also be correspondingly charming. My mistake. Good bye." No harm, no foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I gather you are speaking from personal experience.
        Yup!

Comment

Heres my pick-up method (it may not work for you).

Join the army and become a paratrooper. Spend a significant amount of time overseas in a ****hole. During your leave propose to go on a bar-crawl of the sites where the airborne jumped in during WWII. Sit in a bar in Frankfurt-Sachsen watching football and drinking great beer for 12 hours. Ferociously guard your table from German guys who want to sit down. Allow good looking girls to sit down. Occasionally talk to them. Change plans, go to Spain with Swedish girls then get married later.

I dont see why y'all have a problem.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I picked up a girl in the airport a couple weeks ago. We were both waiting for the same flight. I noticed that we were both trying to voluneteer for a bump, started talking to her about that. Than asked her if she wanted to grab a cup of coffee while we waited. Than asked her out right before the flight started. She was obviously willing since she had just broken up.

I think the key thing is increasing the frequency of sales calls rather than the skill of the sales call. Age does help a lot with confidence though.

Comment

Notice that GP continually "asked"...

Good job, GP!

Comment

JohnT gives good advice . . . its actually similar to stuff I have said many times

No matter where you are, you have something in common with your "target" even if its just that you know that she is in the dorm. If you just ask questions and make a little comment before asking another question, you can talk to a woman for a good long while and find out a fair bit about her. I picked up a woman in a bank lineup once. I commented on hating the long line-up and next thing we were talking about the convenience of online banking- and her computer system-this led to a mention of her doing her assignments . . . . " So do you play games, do chat or use it for work or school? " . . . and I found out she went to school her major and what she wanted to do etc etc. If you simply act normal, not an idiot and do not offend her, she will likely be very happy to talk about herself. All the questions should always allow a positive and expansive response. Asking "do you like punk rock?" is not as good as asking her for her favorite music or group . Save telling her about yourself until after she has agreed to a date (other than answering her questions but be brief).
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Of course she could become fixated upon you after this brief encounter and stalk you for the rest of your life (which may be short).
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I have no idea. I get drunk. Suddenly I'm speaking to a girl (who? how?). I'm ranting about something. She's pissing herself with laughter. Her tongue's in my ear. I've got a girlfriend.

Presumably things happen between the points I've noted above, but I'm buggered if I can remember what they are.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I often have forty-year-old women start flirting with me when I go grocery shopping. It's kind of disconcerting. Their reactions to finding out my age can also be disconcerting -- usually they just kind of blush and say something like "Wow, my son is the same age," but once or twice their eyes have just lit up.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Nothing wrong with older women, they can teach you a thing or two.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

like how to age gracefully?
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Hey, I didn't say that
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The strangest place I've ever picked up a guy was at Sardis when I went to the after party for the opening night of Bea Arthur's one-woman show last year. We circled the room, smiling at each other for a good while before I finally went up to him and asked him his name. We exchanged numbers with Rue McClanahan standing 2 feet away from me.

Congratulations, Boris. This may be the gayest thing I've ever read in my life...

BTW, was Bea Arthur the guy you picked up?

I often have forty-year-old women start flirting with me when I go grocery shopping. It's kind of disconcerting. Their reactions to finding out my age can also be disconcerting -- usually they just kind of blush and say something like "Wow, my son is the same age," but once or twice their eyes have just lit up.

Wutang!
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What gets me is why does boris come and talk about his gay anal stuff in a thread clearly earmarked for Real men seeking women?

Comment

Working...
                                X