Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new strategy for picking up women: - and what are your strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am horrible at being an aggressive pick-up guy, as I tend to get really shy. So I generally rely on getting picked up, which seems to work well enough.

The strangest place I've ever picked up a guy was at Sardis when I went to the after party for the opening night of Bea Arthur's one-woman show last year. We circled the room, smiling at each other for a good while before I finally went up to him and asked him his name. We exchanged numbers with Rue McClanahan standing 2 feet away from me.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

touch there asses....and grab there hooters

Comment

Smooth, FG.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No wonder you keep getting smacked upside the head, fg.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Your right, it is very smooth,soft, and curvy

Comment

"No wonder you keep getting smacked upside the head, fg."

Ha! You have no idea bub. I get way more than most of you here. My green 'eyes' are sooo cute. And my bod is killer.

Oh yes. My problem is I never grew up. I still flirt with girls. But ooohh.. Im almost 30 and losing my touch

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The only problem is, a lot of ACS men don't know what to say after "Hello" - that includes me. Fortunately, I didn't need to use it.
                "My name is... " tends to be a good follow up.

(general, not directed to UR in particular): But seriously: You know, they're only girls. They aren't going to kill you if they aren't interested. Striking up a conversation with a strange female isn't all that different from striking up a conversation with a strange guy... I don't really know what the problem is.

For example... assume college boy and single girl are standing in a long line at the grocery store...

CB: "Hi. How ya' doing?"
                "Good. I'm fine, thank you. Place is busy, isn't it?"
                "Well, I'm in a hurry too as I've gotta get back to feed my puppy before class/work. Where do you work/what class are you late for?"
                "Oh, I had that. I didn't really care for my teacher either: what do you think of him/her?"
                "So, how are you doing?"
                and so on, until you get up to the counter.
                "Well, I'll see you later. My name is JohnT, by the way. Hey, do you mind if I get your number?" or "If you're having trouble in the class, I will be glad to meet you in the library so we can go over my notes - when would be a good time for you?"

See? It's pretty easy, as long as you continually show that you are interested in her. And how do you do that? Leave the true substance of the conversation up to her by asking her questions that flow with the conversation. Ask her questions, listen, and let the conversation flow from what she is telling you. Only give a forceful opinion in response to hers - don't give your opinion on a subject (especially a negative opinion!) until she expresses her: if you do, go ahead and assume that you will insult her because that is what will eventually happen.

Going into a conversation with an unknown girl with an agenda in mind ("This is what I want to talk about and this is how the conversation is going to go", you know, with your questions and her (supposed) responses fixed in your mind) is a sure-fire way to sound either clumsy or self-absorbed.
                Last edited by JohnT; January 24, 2003, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  I am horrible at being an aggressive pick-up guy, as I tend to get really shy. So I generally rely on getting picked up, which seems to work well enough.

The strangest place I've ever picked up a guy was at Sardis when I went to the after party for the opening night of Bea Arthur's one-woman show last year. We circled the room, smiling at each other for a good while before I finally went up to him and asked him his name. We exchanged numbers with Rue McClanahan standing 2 feet away from me.
                  Name dropper.

Why do I have the strangest mental picture of a couple of hound-dogs (circling each other) .
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

Name dropper.
                    Yeah, I'm sure dropping Rue's name will get me somewhere. While I'm at it, I'll talk about schmoozing with Valerie Harper. Oooooooh!

Why do I have the strangest mental picture of a couple of hound-dogs (circling each other) .
                    More like hyenas, I think.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

When you meet Marlo Thomas, pass my name to her, Boris.
                      STILL looking good.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well in certain circles Valerie Harper is known as the new Liza !

That hungry were you?

Who is Valerie Harper? Was she Rhoda?
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          (general, not directed to UR in particular): But seriously: You know, they're only girls. They aren't going to kill you if they aren't interested. Striking up a conversation with a strange female isn't all that different from striking up a conversation with a strange guy... I don't really know what the problem is.
                          I dunno. Must be the cooties.

For example... assume college boy and single girl are standing in a long line at the grocery store...
                          But, but what if I run into her in the hallway of my dorm?
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Does she live in the dorm?

Comment

Was.

The thing is, sometimes it's not bad, say, waiting for food in line in the cafeteria. Other times, like just right smack on the street or something, I'd be at a total loss as what to say.

Comment

Going into a conversation with an unknown girl with an agenda in mind ("This is what I want to talk about and this is how the conversation is going to go", you know, with your questions and her (supposed) responses fixed in your mind) is a sure-fire way to sound either clumsy or self-absorbed.
                                I gather you are speaking from personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X