No announcement yet.

Doctors Reattach Teen’s Head After Car Wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess what they meant when they said that his head was severed from his neck is that the first cervical vertebra was severed from its joining with the skull. Obviously they didn't mean that the neck muscles, carotid arteries, jugular veins, trachea, and esophagus had been cut through because if that had happened, then yes, he would have been dead long before the rescue squad arrived.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

yes exactly Dr. Strangelove. That is what I took from the article. He didn't just have a head dangling, that would have left him with so much damage to his spinal cord he would probably be paralyzed.

Not to mention other problems like him possibly inhaling his own blood into his lungs.

Comment

Where's the scar? Take a look at the picture. If he had been nearly de-capitated, why doesn't he have a gaping scar on his neck? It looks perfectly fine to me.

Comment

Where did this come from, a supermarket tabloid? What nonsense...
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

again they exaggerated the decapitation. Everything was intact except the bone that connects to the skull.

His neck was broken, that is all. The only scar would be on the back of his neck where they inserted the screws and repaired the neckbone.

Comment

its called headlines. You guys never watch do you? "Today at eleven oclock news your local area may be suceptible to terrorist attack.." after hour of watching the enitre crap, at the very last they show you that news theyve been advertising. 99% of the time it turns out to be like nothing. Some 15 year old sent a prank letter and its nothign and all they did was just to get ur attention

if someone got a papercut on the chest, I guarantee they will report it on the headline: "Man cut in half!"... its is half right. ha, half...
              :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                yes exactly Dr. Strangelove. That is what I took from the article. He didn't just have a head dangling, that would have left him with so much damage to his spinal cord he would probably be paralyzed.

Not to mention other problems like him possibly inhaling his own blood into his lungs.
                Like the brain, the spinal cord has the consistancy of tapioca pudding, and would not hold together anything.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I wonder how they transported im in the ambulance then.

give credit to the paramedics and such. How did they possibly move him?

Comment

quite unbelievable...
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Like the brain, the spinal cord has the consistancy of tapioca pudding, and would not hold together anything.
                      I will never look at tapioca pudding the same way again.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The doctor's name is what gets me.

Comment

Loif, you have a dirty mind!

Can I have your address?
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I did not read that closely enough the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                              Loif, you have a dirty mind!

Can I have your address?
                              A western province in the Great White North. Second province to the east of the Pacific Ocean. Central region of the province. Can you find me now?

Comment

Working...
                              X