Let's play with dictator cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paiktis22
    I am impressed with your knowledge of the boulgaroktonos.
    Do you know what it means too?
    "Bulgar Slayer in Greek?"

Comment

Yes. Very good

Comment

Under Lithuanian language rules on foreign names writing, male names and surnames which ends with non-vowels all gets is, as, us endings (which gets which ending is quite hard to explain). Ones ending with vowels keeps the original ending unless the vowels in the end are i, y (in which case name could be transcripted with ending "is", example - "Antinori" is "Antinoris" in Lithuanian). Sometimes names ending with "u" can also get ending "us", they are more likely to get such endings if they are the last names, Salvic names ending with "ovich" or "evich" always gets endings "ius". However, if names has only one syllable, they doesn't gets endings unless they comes standalone. Otherwise only surname/the last name gets ending (Kim Il Sung - Kim Il Sungas, Pol Pot - Pol Potas, Kim Yong Il - Kim Jong Ilas). If you are talking about those people names standalone (for example you want to say just "Kim" instead of "Kim Il Sung"), than you add endings (thus you should say "Kimas" in case given before).
        Of course, endings changes in different contexts. For example, let's take Saddam Husein.
        Saddam Hussein - Sadamas Huseinas
        (for) Saddam Hussein - Sadamui Huseinui
        Saddam Hussein's - Sadamo Huseino
        (with) Saddam Hussein - Sadamu Huseinu
        (what?) Saddam Hussein - Sadamà Huseinà
        (in) Saddam Hussein - Sadame Huseine
        (when you are trying tio call him) - Sadamai Huseine

Please note that for every ending in typical word (as, is, us, a, ë, etc.) there are different endings in different contests. If you are talking about more than one guy with such name, all the endings will be different again from ones you've used before.

There are of course many more rules regarding names writting, but I given you the most major ones...

Comment

"Bulgar Slayer in Greek?"

Basil Bulgar Basher rolls off the tongue better, though...

Comment

lithuanian is the devils speak i tell ya!
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The Adolf Hitler card seems....somewhat lacking in information.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Yeah, Hitler, Ruhollah Khomeini and Stalin cards still are not completed, for Framco card I am searching for better picture, also, I am planning to create more cards.

Comment

Working...
                X