Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm ordered to fire on UNNARMED civilians, I would disobey orders and face a court-martial. And I would do that knowing it was the right thing to do, not firing on civilians.
    What does it matter if they're armed or not? Further, let's say you were ordered to drop an atomic bomb on a city? Would you refuse that order? Because if you drop the bomb, you're a murderer (yes, Paul Tibbets was a murderer).

If I'm ordered to fire on soldiers, I will do it. In a state of war, it's not murder.
    First of all, it isn't a state of war until Congress declares it. Secondly, if the soldiers did nothing to you (or nothing to the US) then killing them IS murder. Just because a state sanctions murder does not mean that murder is OK.

I've dealt with that issue of personal morality: can I excuse myself for killing another? It's tough. It's difficult. It's not something I look forward to.
    If you don't look forward to it then why would you support a war, in any circumstance?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Tribune, alone on his island. Typing terroristic posts.
      When suddenly, without warning,

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This thread isn't going to last much longer if all this personal crap keeps up... talk politics... talk issues... but stop the personal stuff.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• David, you really aren't going anywhere with this.

It DOES matter if a civilians is armed or not. It DOES matter if someone happens to SHOOT AT YOU. You are seriously saying that if you were in that position, you wouldn't shoot back? You'd just stand there and let yourself be killed? Foolishness.

No we aren't at war yet. But just read the news, the signs are everywhere. It's GOING to happen. If you think it won't then you are ignorant of what's going on. It WILL happen. There isn't much that can be done to stop it. Poland, the UK, and the USA have stated clearly that they are going in, regardless of whether the United Nations Security Council approves it or not. It's going to happen. Get it in your head.

I don't look forward to death, or seeing people die. I imagine that if I'm ever in a gunfight I will feel sad for anyone I may kill in the line of duty. It will not be something I am proud of.

I do what I do because it's a job, because I'd rather do something exciting and adventerous than sit on my ass at home and watch television. I'd rather not work a minimum wage job that gets me nowhere. I'd rather not just sit around and watch my life go by and say to myself : " I didn't do anything with my life." It would be a waste.

Comrade - actually I find that cartoon more humurous than the last one. Out of curiosity, where are you getting them from?
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Typing terroristic posts.
            Note how Free Speech has become 'terroristic'.
            Attached Files
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

• Like you say yourself David, procrastination is just like masturbation, it's just you ****ing yourself.

Comment

• You miss David's point.
                If they're coming up the sidewalk to his front door, he's out the back.
                This isn't to be considered a personal attack, just analysis of a position.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Meshelic
                  Out of curiosity, where are you getting them from?
                  I have collected them from diverse sources. They are sitting in a folder on my desktop to be used when a good opportunity comes up.
                  Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

I have collected them from diverse sources. They are sitting in a folder on my desktop to be used when a good opportunity comes up.
                    I guess in light of this topic they came in handy then, eh?

I still think you're off, and I disagree, but you are clever. And probably a nice guy in real life. There's nothing wrong with people disagreeing with eachother.

-Mesh

Comment

• Next time... discuss the issues. And if I see any of this kind of crap in other threads, someone won't be posting for a while.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X