Affirmative Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmytrick
    Afirmative action is as immoral as slavery and not only should be outlawed, a blood sacrifice is needed to cleanse the stain from this great nation.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Charlemagne120
      oh surprise surprise ur from where Guynemer? ann arbor? oh sounds like someones a little PO'ed at ur hometown univ. there in mich.
      PO'ed at my university? Hardly. Damned proud of it for standing up for affirmative action.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

I volunteer! Me! Me! Pick me!
        Somehow, I knew you would respond to that.

Comment

The only people who benefit from welfare payments are the poor. This is clearly discrimination against the rich so we must get rid of the welfare system.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

I volunteer! Me! Me! Pick me!
            Granted. You're now an African-American Jewish Lesbian Quadraplegic Leper. Would you like a job?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There is a story running on CNN that whites make up a disproportionate number of front line troops in today's armed forces. This is just the opposite of what Rangel said when he advocated reinstitution of a draft.

Do we need AA in the armed forces to so that minorities share the risk of combat equally?
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

This reminds me of Southpark-The Movie. "Operation : Human Shield" .
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                  Oh, and I'm sure race, gender, and economic status are much better indications of potential than academic acheivement.
                  Did I ever say that?
                  Anyway, it's very funny to see that you don't address my arguments at all. Have you even read my post? I'm against taking race in any form to be indicative for intellectual potential and you should follow my line of argument to see that exactly from this position I get to the opinion that AA is rather a correcting tool for structural inequalities. If you want to criticize me, read my posts first and respond to the arguments, not posting crap! So far, I've issued several elaborate posts while you're limited to do one-line-trolling.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Granted. You're now an African-American Jewish Lesbian Quadraplegic Leper. Would you like a job?

Make him a woman too!

And then put him in Alabama .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Make him a woman too!
                      Where are these male lesbians?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Transgendered.

We do both come from the NorthEast you know .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

AA benefits everyone except whites.
                          Not necessarily.

Take these facts:

For a white male to enter medical school he MUST have at least the following:

3.5 GPA and a 30 on the MCAT

For a black male to enter medical school he MUST have at least the following:

2.0 GPA and a 20 on the MCAT

Have you met people with a 2.0 GPA? Would you want them to be your doctor?

The main point is, that a lot of minorities do get into to school with achievements higher than whites, however, AA diminishes their accomplishments. In return, it increases the accomplishments of white people. For a white man who managed to get into medical despite AA working against him, must have worked his ass off and been pretty spectacular.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

We do both come from the NorthEast you know .
                            Speak for yo'self, Yankee.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

.... says the New Yorker .

Comment

.... says the New Yorker .
                                Born and raised in Tennessee until 12, lived in Maryland (and Eastern MD, which is Southern as can be) until 23. That's 23 out of 26 years south of the Mason-Dixon, Billy Yank.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X