No announcement yet.

More fuel to the SUV debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saab makes nice sedans. My SO just get a stylish, spunky one.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hummers and H2s are built in South Bend, Indiana near where I'm from. Consequently we see them getting shipped. Personally I'm glad that the H2 plant ended up being constructed, it's helping South Bend's economy, which in turn will hopefully help them improve their downtown area.

I knew a guy with a Hummer and it sort of fit in spaces, it sometimes covered the yellow lines... There really is a lot more headroom than you think because it is such a wide car, it only appears short. He also had it tricked out with subs, a DVD player and a navigation system. Considering that Hummers are basically for rich people who only want a status symbol, it's perfect. The H2s on the other hand look pretty weak - they look like oversized Xterras to me. I wouldn't buy one if I had the money to burn but then again I don't have the money so I shouldn't make too harsh of a judgement.
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        The H1's are awesome, scare the hell out of these other SUV pissies. Too bad it has the fuel efficiency of a, um, well, very low anyway.
        A 1972 Winnebago dragging a dead rhinoceros?
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Hey that's the chick from The Practice!
          "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
          - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            The H1's are awesome, scare the hell out of these other SUV pissies.
            Well hardly- anyone driving one gets laughed at over here.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
              Hey that's the chick from The Practice!
              Hey, first person to recognize her! You should win a prize!
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                X