Some minor opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some minor opinions

This forum seems to be the place for firey debates and strong statements, so I figured I'd fire a few. These are quotes from an e-mail I recieved. I got rid of the ones I didn't agree with and left only the ones I thought were true.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.
    I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!
    I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.
    I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.
    The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
    I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.
    When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, thats not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.
    I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. I would be "FIRED" immediately!
    I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English! My father and grandfather shouldn't have to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
    I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.
    I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed.
    I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business. We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.
    I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.
    I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them.
    I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.
    It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack their little ass' when necessary and say "NO".
    I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And Please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me fries!
    I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Well, I'll agree with you on these.
    Many won't, but I will. Like that will really keep you safe.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Some minor opinions

True, but:
      Originally posted by donegeal
      I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.
      With as much political implication of just this simple statement, it is still true.
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Everyone cares what you think.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hmmm. Minor opinions?

mi·nor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mnr)
          adj.
          Lesser or smaller in amount, extent, or size.
          Lesser in importance, rank, or stature...

n.
          One that is lesser in comparison with others of the same class...
          Yep, that seems about right.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            Everyone cares what you think.
            Then why'd you bother to make a reply?

Rufus: Good zinger, however, it failed in any attempt to argue any of the statements.

Comment

I felt sorry for your thread. And because I care.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

What's to refute? They're not arguments. there a bunch of half-assed opinions of the sort that I'd expect from the redneck on the next stool after his forth or fifth PBR.

That's not to say I don't agree with some of them. The homophobia one in particular has long irritated me.

But, really. Last time I checked, the government did just a bit more with your money than "pay crack addicts to spit out babies." But go ahead, keep your money. And when your looking at the charred remains of your children, burnt beyond recognition because the fire department is now only responding to calls from taxpayers, you tell yourself that it was the right decision, okay?

Oh, and by the way, if its your own damned money, then you are free to use it to hire non-English speakers to work in your convenience store, aren't you? You wouldn't want some guy in a bad comb-over telling you who to hire, would you?

As for adopting an identity that has nothing to do with who you are: I'll start objecting to "African American" just as soon as all those confederate battle flags disappear from the homes, dashboards, Harleys, and state houses of everyone who didn't actually fight in the Civil War, okay?

Oy.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

You may be right about some things, but you're saying them in such a way as to offend everyone possible.

Reverse disrimination is a real problem, but calling it the only form of discrimination is simply being dumb. There's still racism in the US, though maybe not as much, and blacks are still suffering the consequences of not being able to get a good job or a good education for the better part of the 20th century.

And as to being against taxation, as it seems you are? That's being socially irresponsible, but I won't try with that. It's clear that many people who can afford to pay for such things as fire and police serivces, transportation, and social security (just in case your luck should turn sour as many others' has) think that they get the right to keep all of their hard-earned money and still retain the benefits that they should be paying for. And even services to others affect the environment in which you live, and provide a benefit that way, too.
                  I refute it thus!
                  "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

I think the statements posted by Donegal is an exercise in reverse psychology. I would like to see the statements you did not agree with.

Comment

Try posting this at Free Republic. They'll think you're deep. This is practically Wittgenstein for them.
                      "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

It's an old piece of web spam, apparently in re-runs

Try posting this at Free Republic.
                        This ORIGINATED at Free Republic.
                        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

stick around. We'll liberalize you yet.
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

For what it's worth, I agree with you on this and this only:

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
                            I'll debate the rest, point by point, after lunch.
                            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

"I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies."

And please, Goingonit, remember, I did not write these, someone sent them to me. They are not my quotes.
                              Originally posted by Goingonit
                              And as to being against taxation, as it seems you are? That's being socially irresponsible, but I won't try with that. It's clear that many people who can afford to pay for such things as fire and police serivces, transportation, and social security (just in case your luck should turn sour as many others' has) think that they get the right to keep all of their hard-earned money and still retain the benefits that they should be paying for. And even services to others affect the environment in which you live, and provide a benefit that way, too.
                              Hmmm... woops... Seems that we differ on what this is saying. I am not against taxation, but against welfare, as the later part of the line states. I have worked hard and had to make some difficult choices to get where I am in todays world and I don't care for loafers. Now I know that there are some legitimate cases for welfare, but, as I see all the time at work, people abuse welfare..... I guess at length, I don't like (most) government sponsered welfare. I don't even give to charity, but I don't because I like to see the good my time and money do. So I actually go out and help a family, get to know them, make it personal.

Rufus: Nice catch on the contradiction about not being told who to hire and who not to with my money. I guess my argument to that is the liberalization line needs to be drawn somewhere. Government rules and regulation need to be inplace or it would be anarchy, which isn't good for civilization.

Orange: I look forward to hearing your agruements. I love a good debate, however, I am going to stick around (I have even put the OT forum in my control panel) and I dout you will liberalize me. By definition, it would be easier to make a liberal a conservative than to liberalize a conservative (as liberals are more open to ideas).

Comment

Working...
                              X