Cartoon Channel "Adult Swim"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--"I watched some Crest of the Stars, but the dub was so awful"

Ah, that's true. I had forgotten about the dub. I do that as often as possible, actually, but that's not the point here.

Well, if we're really lucky the Anime Channel will make us of some of those features of new TVs like SAP and CC.

--"And there were too many damn commercials."

Yeah. The standard amount of commercial time in the US is around 2-3 minutes more per half hour than in Japan. They've been editing for time.

But that's why I've got the DVDs ^_^

--"Inuyasha was getting good."

Inu Yasha is okay. Not Rumiko Takahashi's best work. I'd love to see Urusei Yatsura get a TV slot in the US, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen (horned alien women in skimpy tiger-print bikinis in cartoons? Think of the children!).
    Ah well, at least the dub for Inu Yasha wasn't completely intolerable. Would have been nice if it had escaped the Trishisms, though.

Wraith
    "Either you're babbling, or you just told me in Cherokee 'my scrotum is many colored'."
    -- Cornfed ("Duckman")

Comment

The only Prob wrath is that I can't afford to go out and buy VHS or DVDs, and none of the video rental stores carry any anime except for DBZ, so Adult Swim is (was) my only Anime input.

I do have some friends that have comeplete Anime series sets like Eva, but I don't often have to time to visit and watch them all... that and the one with Eva tends to play his Ricky-O DVD more then anything else.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

The reason they moved it from saturday is that kids were staying up late to watch it. They figure that by moving it to sun-thurs, they can eventually get away with more adult stuff (i think).

Comment

Working...
        X