No announcement yet.

Jetlag cures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr... you pesky little Kiwi. You didn't tell us that you got here. Now we couldn't get that chance to meet you.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

And a related subject: You won't throw up if you keep you legs suspended in front of you. It a musculature thing.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        I just sleep every minute I can on the plane, and just pick up in whatever time zone I end up in, falling into a regular routine.
        This is good advice. I don't get jet lag much either but my advice is sleep as much as you can on the flight, don't eat or drink too much except at what would be your regular meal times. When you arrive, get straight into the rhythm of the place you are visiting, if its day time try and get out in the sun, this helps the body to adjust. But stay close to your hotel on the first day because you can get real tired real fast. Take it easy for 24 hours. Listen to your body.

Jet lag is worst travelling from East to West (against the earth's rotation).

Some people take melatonin. There's also a new miracle cure for jet lag.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It's good to drink water, so I hear.
          Alcohol on the plane is a
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            I just sleep every minute I can on the plane, and just pick up in whatever time zone I end up in, falling into a regular routine.
            That's good advice, provided you can sleep on planes. I have no problems sleeping when I'm taking business class, but I rarely manage to sleep in economy. So what happens for me is I end up staying awake during the 12+ hours HK-Canada flights. I'm totally wacked for a couple of days. The last time I went back to Canada was the worst. I was driving in a city where I had lived for four years, and I couldn't picture the route I had to drive, even though I was able to reach my destination without getting lost.

I'm heading back to Canada in a couple of weeks and I'm scheduled to do a ski party the first day back. That should be interesting: skiing with jetlag.

Has anyone tried melatonin?
            Golfing since 67

Comment

i always try to stay up all night the night before a flight. That way it's lights out when then plane takes off, and i can wake up and fall right into routine like ming said...

and my girlfriends mom seems to think that if you cut out paper bags in the shape and size of your feet and put them in your shoes, you won't get jet lag. I guess it is a trick your mind sort of thing.
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                Jet lag is worst travelling from East to West (against the earth's rotation).

Some people take melatonin. There's also a new miracle cure for jet lag.
                Really? I always have worse jetlag flying US-Turkey (W->E) than Turkey-US (E->W). I've always assumed that was because of the timing of the flights: Flights to the US leave early in the morning and land mid-afternoon (by which time my body thinks it's nearly bedtime), so all I have to do is stay awake a little longer, go to bed "early," and I'm back on track. But coming back to Turkey, I have to leave at night, fly all night (during which I rarely sleep, even if I try), and then arrive in Turkey at lunchtime with my body feeling like it's 3:00 in the morning. That's what kills me.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                X