Jetlag cures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetlag cures

Does anyone have any cures for Jetlag? I seem to be terrible after returning from Europe. I lose sleep for around 1 week until it wears off...

Help

The furthest I have flown is about 2 hours away. Sorry
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You shouldn't get bad jet lag coming back from Europe.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Try swallowing 50 sleeping pills. You'll sleep all week and then feel fine.

I don't get very bad jetlag - I usually barely notice it at all (but then I keep weird hours anyway).

Comment

When I came back to Europe from the US (not as long a journey, I grant you), I stayed awake for about 40 hours, went to sleep the night I got back, woke up the next morning feeling fresh and went off to college. So that's my advice; stay awake for as long as possible.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

That is terrible advice.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

That's what I did too, both for going to Europe and for coming back. It worked like a charm.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Thats what I do to. Seems to do the job for me.

Though flying UK to Ozzieland (23 hour flight to the other side of the world) really ****ed my head up. Quite fun though.

I've heard of melatonin acts on your body clock, so that you can artificially 'reset' it by taking the drug at a certain time of night.

Oh and here's a link:
                Information about Melatonin from the Cognative Research Institute
                I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Yes, staying awake for as long as possible...Though you'll likely end up oversleeping the first day or so...
                  DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

What does Jetlag cure?
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                      What does Jetlag cure?
                      Space Herpes.

Comment

I struggle with Jetlag when arriving in US from Oz, but not vice versa as much.

I have found improvement from getting plenty of sun and exercise in the first day or two after I arrive. Walk in sun at lunchtime, for example. Otherwise, I just don't sleep.

Oh, I also prepare in every way that I can to reduce the stresses encountered on my US visit. Worries just exacerbate the insomnia.
                        "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                        "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                        - Pekka

Comment

"That is terrible advice."

Explain yourself. What do the diplomats do?

Seems to work for me, although admittedly, I haven't done a Europe<-->Oz trip.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I've gone from the U.S. to Europe and U.S. to Japan and the best cure is to stay awake as long as possible. If a doctor or some other sort of proffesional says this is wrong ignore them.
                            When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
                            ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I just sleep every minute I can on the plane, and just pick up in whatever time zone I end up in, falling into a regular routine.

I've never have had a problem with jet lag...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X