No announcement yet.

Don't Eat at the Olive Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asian food is way better than the Euro crap anyway.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

True dat.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

My tip for all you poisoned ones is always eat at busy restaurants. This principle has served me well all around the world with all kinds of food.

High customer volume usually means the food is good and fresh
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Wow. A good tip from AH.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

My whorehouse tips are better
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

What did the leper say to the prostitute?

"Keep the tip"
              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

I think that the stat was in 1980 60% of restaurants were independent, now it's 40%.

Though the quality of the chains has improved, it's still a shame that the chains are everywhere.
                Franchise operations are actually pushing other restaurants out of the market. The logic being that since they are "individually owned", they qualify for small business loans and incentives, even though the franchise operations themselves are mostly controlled by large corporations.

It's easier to get someone to open a franchise than to start a whole new retaurant because the big chains offer a lot of startup assistance, training, and advice, plus the built-in advantage of the brand name. As time goes by, it's getting harder for independants to enter this market. As old restaurants close, franchises replace them.

My favorite restaurants are all holes in the wall run by immigrants. They are the cheapest and offer the best food.
                My favortite place is a hole in the wall diner by my place. It looks like it hasn't been redecorated since 1965, but the food is great and I get a huge meal for about five bucks. The menu changes everyday too, which I like.

Never feel sick after I eat there, either.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                X