Prank calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prank calls

Do you often get prank called? Or get strange messages left on your answering machine/voice mail. I just got a very odd one. I think it's a (drunk) friend of mine, but I can't tell...
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

I have not had a prank call in years. The fact that we call screen might have a lot to do with it since we don't pick up if we don't know who you are. We avoid all telemarketers this way.

AS for strange messages, I have gotten incredibly detailed messages for a person that has the same name as me ( it was all business stuff) and once got a long message that sounded like the people had forgotten to hang up- a couple of minutes of faraway talking and breathing-- I figured thay had the phone resting on their chest or something.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I used to get one like every night.

He/she would not talk. Just call and wait.

What I did was to say in a very calm voice

"Look, I'm going to have to call the phone company and register for call recognition. If that doesn't work, I'll have to get an order and bypass your anonymous call system and then have to call the police to pay you a visit and check you out. But it is such a hassle, not to mention the waste of time. So please don't make me doing it".

He/she never called again

A what you could call, compassionate stalker?

Comment

ex-lover?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

I've never been prank called, but as I kid (like 7 or 8) I used to call people and pretend to be Chris Tarrant off the radio and tell them they'd won a prize. Though since I was 7 and giggling manically I don't think I was fooling anyone.
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Orange,
            No clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Graag
              Though since I was 7 and giggling manically I don't think I was fooling anyone.
              The giggling manically bit sounds perfect.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

so that was you then? I was crushed when I realized I hadn't won anything

Comment

You can stop waiting for the presents to come by now Orange

Comment

Comment

Mix-up at the post office I'm afraid. Just wait 10 working days, and send your confirmation email with credit card number (for validation purposes) to me@me.com
                      I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                      Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Q: Why is it when they say it'll be there within 5 working days it always takes 20?

A: Because no one does any ****ing work.
                        Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

C'mon, no one has any particularly good prank call stories?

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                            I've got loads, I just ain't gonna tell ya!
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                              I once got a message on my answering machine from some guy we used to work with on a side project. He told me something about the job but then apparently did not hang up correctly so the phone was still on.

He had some friends over, from what it sounded like, and he started talking about me.

And the machine recorded everything.

I didn't know him very well, just a couple weeks.

It was interesting to find out what he thought about me

Some of those were very flattering, others were a bit "bad"

(basically that I was a very talented, educated and intelligent colegue to work with but that I'm also a pr!ck that, err dont know the word in english, that I push others to do more work )

Comment

Working...
                              X