Filesharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filesharing

I have two questions, if filesharing is a taboo I will remove the first.

1. What is your preffered filsharing program?
    I like the idea and reliability of Direct Connect, find Kazza Lite useful but annoying, and WinMX a good simple program.

2. In a few years time when the majority of interent users have broadband connections and big fat hard drive, will filesharing destroy the music industry and video rental markets?
    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

2. hope so (let's some real music, instaed of all those prefab cr*p )
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Win MX sucks ass . OK maybe because I was too lazy to read the directions. . I hear it can be good if you know how to use it.

I prefer programs where I don't have to read directions. Kazaa lite suits me well.

Comment

1. Kazaa Lite

2. Hell no, I buy way more stuff now that I can easily preview anything I want to. Filesharing is helping the music industry. The RIAA is just too ****ing stupid to know it.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

2. hope so (let's some real music, instaed of all those prefab cr*p )
          My sentiments exactly

Oh, and I'm also hoping for some sort of underground cinema movement too, as DV cams become cheaper and better quality and people can share their films over the net.
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

most people buy less with file sharing programs though. You are the exception to the rule.

The record industries are losing massive amounts of money. Not that I care

Comment

I would disagree with that. The people that buy less are the people that were spending very little money to begin with. If this means that good artists lose money... ok that's bad, but if it means that your average idiot downloads a Brittney Spears album instead of buying it and the RIAA loses money then great.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

The record industries are losing massive amounts of money.
                IF so, fileshare progs isn't the only thing to blame!!

exhuberant prices,
                general bad music designed for 14 year old girls thats constantly being pushed on e v e r y radiostation wordwide 24/7

1. Kazaa Lite
                go for the lite plus ++ (something like that)

winmx has better file integrety, but is very slow....
                (it's ok when you don't have to worry for capped up/downloads from your ISP, just leave your pc on and on and on)
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

KaZaA Lite
                  Probably not
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

DirectConnect and mIRC.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

winmx has better file integrety, but is very slow....

It's also excellent when it comes to finding movies that you will never ever find with Kazaa
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

I've given up trying to wrestle with filesharing at college, since most programs are blocked/slowed down to unusable levels. Instead, I use ShareScan to search the shared files on the network and get them quickly, as well as using private mp3 ftps to get more obscure stuff.

Comment

where might i find these private ftps? just through net friends?
                          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Pay $10 and join the something awful forums. They've got an entire forum dedicated to these ftps.

Comment

Pay $10 and
                              pfff, where is the fun in that

Comment

Working...
                              X