Internet-connection price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet-connection price?

How much do you (on avg) pay per month for your internet?

I'm paying $37.5 per month, I'm on 256/128
    0$ Somebody else pays the Internet bill :)
    14.71%
    $1-$10
    2.94%
    $11-$20
    8.82%
    $21-$30
    11.76%
    $31-$40
    17.65%
    $41-$50
    32.35%
    $51-$60
    2.94%
    $61-$70
    2.94%
    $71-$80
    0.00%
    $81-$90
    0.00%
    $91-$100
    0.00%
    $100<
    2.94%
    I don't have Internet connection at home :(
    2.94%
    I pay my Internet connection bill with Bananas
    0.00%
    This space is empty... or is it?

I'm not sure, it's part of a package.

We pay $105/mo CDN (or $67 US) for 3 cable internet IPs (~3Mbits/second down, ~500Kbits/second up), 3 analog cable hookups with all the tiers (~60 channels) and 1 digital cable hookup (~200 channels, including HBO/Showtime-like channels that show new movies)

Pretty good deal...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wow, 3 Mbit/s down? The fastest avaliable here (for private) is 2 Mbit/s, and that costs ~$125 per month

Comment

I've benchmarked it as being faster than that (5-6Mbits sometimes), but during peak usage it averages around 3Mbits down.

They've had cable internet here for like...6 years, they've got it figured out pretty well. Plus it's a new city, so the infrastructure is all modern.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

£30/month.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

That does indeed sound great Asher.

I split the bill 70/30 for ADSL with my landlord (pretty good seeing as I use it 90% of the time) so it costs me around £20 ($31) a month.
            19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Our cable internet is 1024/254 if I remember right... but we have only two choices for cable:

1. Get the 1024/254 connection, but have a very limited download+upload
              2. Get the 254/128 (The one I got), with unlimited DL/PL

Comment

700/200 only, fast enough for me but for a cable, very slow. It costs 49€. With current rate it's slightly over 50$ but I put it under 41-50 $ because it won't last

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                  Our cable internet is 1024/254 if I remember right... but we have only two choices for cable:

1. Get the 1024/254 connection, but have a very limited download+upload
                  2. Get the 254/128 (The one I got), with unlimited DL/PL
                  Uh? Limited download+upload? How exactly it works? Sounds very odd. Do you mean it's shared or after certain dl limit they just cut you off ?

Comment

Originally posted by tinyp3nis
                    Uh? Limited download+upload? How exactly it works? Sounds very odd. Do you mean it's shared or after certain dl limit they just cut you off ?
                    Well, one of the providers here for DSL has limited.

After a certain number (I think it's something high like 10GB per month), they'll charge you something per gigabyte.

Comment

Originally posted by tinyp3nis
                      That means if I download+upload 5 gigs, then they just cut me off (or let me buy more mbs, for a high price)... and that is hell annoying

Comment

Europeans sure seem to have crappy ISP's. You need more laws!

I pay $40 for my BellSouth DSL (700kps, no ul/dl limits, 30 megs on the mailbox).

Comment

I guess that's just danes... does anybody now understand why I want to get out of this country?

Comment

Sounds cruel I recently found out something about my own cable company. When I got this connection two years ago, I read somewhere that I am not allowed to run a server. I didn't care about it so much, and it didn't bother me because I wasn't going to anyway. Well, few months ago my friend got this same connection, and he runs kazaa for 3 days straight.... so finally he gets call from the company that his connection will be shut down for a week for penalty of running a server. His complaining didn't do much good, because then he (and I too) found out that it's not allowed to use fileshare programs with sharing on, in fact, they told on their website that best to avoid sharing is to empty the sharing folder of the programs The uploading stresses the network too much.
                            I still share whenever any of the filesharing programs (with some it's even mandatory unless you get a hack or something), but now the maximum time I will leave any program on is only for a day, and avoid using them _too_ much.

Comment

I'm lazy to look and add up DSL 768/128 line and ISP costs again, but it was something around $35 a month, flat without volume limitation. And before you're complaining again (the nth time), vetlegion, yes I know you are subsiding this

Comment

Working...
                              X