Crap Covers and Re-mixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

Why on Earth would I want to become a Crappy Popstar?
    ..er, besides the money, fame and groupies?

Comment

I just thought molly bloom, what exactly is 'handbag house'?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Madonna's American Pie- truly awful.
        Yeah, but the original sucked too.

The Fugees- Killing Me Softly. Why did people buy this in preference to getting Roberta Flack's original? Lassitude? Ignorance? Get Roberta Flack's version, and you also have her stunning rendition of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face on the flip side. Aural nirvana.
        This is the one that does it for me. The original is brilliant, the Fugees version is the lowest form of ****e possible. How the hell did this crap win anything?
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Lavigne is Canadian eh! Bowie is pronounced both ways. It never fails to amaze me when americans comment on other peoples pronunciation.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            I just thought molly bloom, what exactly is 'handbag house'?
            it's a derogatory term used by clubbers for the the type of house music that girls in white stilettos dance in a circle around their handbags to. ie cheesy and commercial.

Comment

Is that kinda like the "punks" I saw in the most expensive clubs in Stockholm in 1979-80 with torn designer clothes?

Comment

yep, people trying too hard to be in a 'scene' AFTER it gets popular and totally missing the point that its the fact people like them WERE N"T into it early on gave the movement its credibility
                Last edited by reds4ever; January 10, 2003, 16:37.

Comment

A couple of years ago some R&B group did a Bohemian Rhapsody cover. I heard it once or twice, but, God, I'd rather die than listen to that ****e again.

I also think JXL's version of A Little Less Conversation was vastly overrated. I liked it at first, but when I heard the original I really just didn't see the point of it. The only innovative part Junkie XL added was the "electronica intermezzo", and that was just the part I didn't like.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

Why on Earth would I want to become a Crappy Popstar?
                    Eh. if you liked a certain genre of music so much that you wanted to be become a musician, does it matter that everyone all of sudden likes that genre by the time you become an artist? Do you need to shoot yourself in the head like Kurt Cobain if you get too popular? What a dumbass Kurt is btw...

What people like and what you like should not have anything to do with it. And besides as reds4ever said, theres always money fame and grouppies. And if it doesn't matter to you, good. Butjust remember that the guy next to you really shouldn't care what you think either. Let him sing high pitch like a moron. It's all good~ just... get away... from me.

I know a lot of bands that are better and more original, but they don't get the exposure that Pop Idols get (for numerous reasons).
                    This is true. But world is not always fair, and people also have different tastes.
                    :-p

Comment

going back to remixes that are actually better than original that was pages ahead... Christina Aguilera's "What a girl wants" was horrible and no one listened to it. When they remixes it it got real popular.

So it went from unbearable^2 to just unbearable. quite an improvement
                      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II

Eh. if you liked a certain genre of music so much that you wanted to be become a musician, does it matter that everyone all of sudden likes that genre by the time you become an artist? Do you need to shoot yourself in the head like Kurt Cobain if you get too popular? What a dumbass Kurt is btw...
                        i had this conversation with a friend a couple of days ago (he's a big Nirvana fan) i've got no sympathy for the self absorbed, torturted soul type poet. He had the world at his feet, living the life most people can only dream of, then he tops himself...what a muppet!

The only ways pop stars should die young are from crashing fast cars, sexually transmitted diseases or overdosing on their drug of choice!

BTW how DO you spell tortured?

Comment

You spell it 'tortured'...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            You spell it 'tortured'...
                            many thanks...and i've only had 3 cans of carling. In my defence i've just started a new year at the Open University, i think as new knowledge is coming in the old stuff is falling out, in another year i'll have forgot where i live!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tolls

For instance, I prefer Costello's version of Shipbuilding over the original (Wyatt?)...admittedly only just.
                              Technically that wasn't a cover. Elvis Costello wrote it, even if Robert Wyatt's version was recorded first.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                                Lavigne is Canadian eh! Bowie is pronounced both ways. It never fails to amaze me when americans comment on other peoples pronunciation.
                                Sure it's pronounced both ways, but not when it's David Bowie.

David Bowie is pronounce 1 way.

Everybody, but Canadians, apparently, knows who the hell David Bowie is.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X