CVN-77 George H.W.Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l -> n
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: CVN-77 George H.W.Bush

Originally posted by Midshipman
      I know the tradition recently has been to name carriers affter influential politicians . . .
      IIRC, one of the American frigates in the war against the Barbary Pirates was the John Adams.

Comment

As far as naming ships goes, I think HMS Fury, USS Fury or ....Fury would be a great name.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Why don't they name it USS Mighty **** Cheney, and then run out of paint before they get to Cheney?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Some info for you all to read.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I would prefer to have ships named in honor of deceased public figures. For the US, it's a little much to name vessels after living people. Just my opinion anyway.

edit: apparently it's the last of the Nimitz class carriers.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

They should name one: USS Al Sharpton

oh yea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Some info for you all to read.
                  That's a bit much to read, especially with that poor layout.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Why not naming the new Carrier the USS Al Bundy,
                    with a big "No MAAM" - Sign on the Flight-Deck
                    and maybe a smelly Socks - Bombersquadron on Board
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Married with Children
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Anyone see Bremner Bird & Fortune:Between Iraq and a Hard Place last night?

"So Condoleezza Rice is an oil tanker? So that's why it takes her so long to change her mind - she has to go for 6 miles before she can even change direction..."
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Working...
                        X