Winamp is crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp is crap

so im listening to a song and there is horrible compression artifacts and distortion when there is a low frequency sound. Now i play it in the kazaa media player and it sounds clean...

i download the same song to my mp3 player and it sounds clean.

so what alternatives are there?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Look here for some alternatives:

Celebrating 10 years of .xyz - over a decade of innovation! We are beginning the countdown to our decade-iversary! Over ten chapters, journey through a decade of innovation with .xyz. From its ambitious inception to quickly becoming a leader in the domain industry, each press release will unveil a year of .xyz’s history, challenges, and

Comment

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Winamp3 isn't that good (or at least wasn't, could have improved by now.)

I still use 2.81, not bad
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

winamp 2.81 rules... I don't have any problems with it
          the newer version (3) is just total bs, a bad layout, too complicated, and has too much useless features!
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

yes, winamp 3 is pure crap. Heavy, clunky and unintuitive. I uninstalled it.

what about sonique?
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

2.81 is beautiful, I wouldn't use anything else.

Comment

i'm using 2.80... although it doesn't crash much it still sucks up a lot of memory, not nearly as much as winamp 3 though

is 2.81 any better?
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

i' using 2.80 after i reformatted, and never bother to get 2.81 which i had before. they are practically the same as far as i can tell. winamp 3 is bloatware.
                  Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I use windows media player because it is pretty.

Comment

I also found version 3 crap, and I got perma banned fromt their site for voicing my opinon. Internet based languages should stay on the internet. The other thing is that WinAmp doesn't read information on wma files, which sucks since I had to switch to wma to cut down on HD space, since I was nearing 5 GB of mp3s, now it's 3GB with wma. Of course I'm still scratching my head on that one since they are in 128-bit compression for the most part.

I use 2.81.

I don't use anything else for my mp3/wma playlist, it's simple, just read any file in my one directory that's fille with music. Nothing else.

I do use mplayer2.exe for everthing else. If I want to open an mp3 file on it's own that's what I use. I use it for every media file I have, including some QuickTime movies and DivX avis that I have.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                        is 2.81 any better?
                        This is from the text file in the about dialog box in WinAmp 2.81

Winamp "Classic" 2.81:
                        * updated to PP's latest input and output plugins
                        * in_mp3 now doesnt continue to play on output plugin error.
                        * smaller installers because we use msvcrt.dll now
                        * fixed bugs relating to files with ~ in their names.
                        * doublerightclick in credits makes for fullscreen credits
                        * more bugfixes (including a fix in the version update notification checking)
                        * updated installer to have nicer error messages.
                        * made systray icon update if explorer restarts
                        * and more (muahaha)!

EDIT: So I'll let you decide. Personaly I don't see why not, but it's up to you.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

MRT144, you should do the following:

Check your equalizer - reset it to a flat line and see if it helps.

Check your effects - in the preferences menu - check out and dsp effects.

Comment

yea, 2.81 > 3 by some weird form of winamp math.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Another one against 3 and for 2.81...

Comment

Working...
                              X