No announcement yet.

Movie Mistakes. Do You Catch Them ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most recentovie mistake I caught was in "Ghost Ship". Gold bars are very heavy, something the cast obviously wasn't told as they casually passed & tossed them around.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I remember getting very upset at "Top Gun" for the scene near the end in which the 6 MiGs are chasing the one F-14. An F-14 can target 6 enemy planes at once.

BTW: Anyone else notice that the pilots were the one firing the F-14's weapons, not the weapons officers?

Comment

That one must have escaped Zkribbler That and I have never been able to endure Top Gun to the bitter end
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Gold bars are very heavy, something the cast obviously wasn't told as they casually passed & tossed them around.
          Ditto Die Hard 3.

I often notice mistakes, though usually only in bad movies. It makes it more fun to rip the movie apart afterward

Nitpicking is just a good way to pass the time when watching bad films. I'll only spot mistakes in good films the 2nd or 3rd time, otherwise I get too caught up in the action.

One aside is that I cannot help but spot all the nonsense said about computers in films, the dreadful GUI's they make up, the bull**** they speak.... it pains me.
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

In Brewster's Millions wasn't he playing the Yankees in their minor league field? I'm sure there were no train tracks in Yankee Stadium. I may have to rewatch.

Comment

I normally notice stuff such as historical inaccuracies in WW2 movies. When I'm with a particular friend, it gets so bad that no one will watch WW2 movies with us anymore.
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                And about Back to the Future:

How come the 'time' knows when (or if) Marty goes back to 1985, after he goes into the future? He goes into 2015 where his future himself is living, but how come that 'time' knows that Marty actually goes back in time again? What if Marty choses to stay in 2015, or he gets killed? If that happens, then he wouldn't be able to go back in time again, and live his life as he would normally, and thereby the future Marty went to, wouldn't be the actual future, since in his real future he's dead (or maybe he's starting his future in 2015, which means he's not 50 in 2015, but 20 (since he doesn't go back to his time)

So the question is: How come that 'time' knows that he will go back (and when he goes back) ? If 'time' really know that he would go back in time, then 'time' would also know that the old Biff also goes back in time, and thereby changes the future, so the future Marty goes to is not the future he thinks he goes to...

I guess that sounds pretty confusing...
                With any time travel film its not a movie mistake, but a gaping huge plot hole - just say "grandfather paradox" and be done with it in most cases (parallel dimension time travel is a get out, but then hollywood should really not be digging their plotholes any deeper). I suspend belief in such films else there is no point watching them.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well... I didn't actually notice the tracks, but during the last baseball-game, a train comes through the field...

Might have been on their minor league field, though I understod is as if it was the Yankees stadium...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It's been too long since I seen it. They were supposed to play at Yankee stadium, but I can't remember if they actually went through with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X