Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing on February 21?

US to attack Iraq at midnight on February 21

A British newspaper reports said the US's war against Iraq will commence at midnight on February 21 next year.

The Sunday Express said this will be the heaviest air bombardment the world has ever seen. According to the newspaper, US president George W Bush yesterday informed Israel's prime minister Ariel Sharon about his plans by phone.

The newspaper also said the date has been confirmed by heads of the British armed forces. Israel has, however, denied these reports.

Yesterday, Secretary of State Colin Powell said the president had made no decision on using force against Iraq, but that it was positioning itself militarily for whatever might be required. Powell has warned that the standoff with Iraq cannot "go on indefinitely" and said Washington is positioning itself to take action.

Powell said the US will wait to get additional reports from Hans Blix, the UN chief weapons inspector, before taking any decisions. Powell insists, however, that President George W. Bush wants a peaceful solution to Iraq, but that US troops are prepared to take action against Baghdad.

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

This is going to the the best birthday gift ever!
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

ok, you're joking on us! you changed your birthday just now. admit it!
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

*counts the time left to get that CNN International*
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

/me is propably doing something else...
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            ok, you're joking on us! you changed your birthday just now. admit it!
            Nope.

Now I need to call Bush and thank him. Or should I do that after that war?
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Thank Bush after Saddam launches those bio/chemical weapons he (supposedly) has at Israel.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If he does that... Well, they will have a new tourism site. Baghdad Crater.

Comment

about time...

should make for a good show

Comment

Excellent, the disinformation psyops is working perfectly...
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

in this case, iraq/US, you almost could just come out and say when you're planning to attack. I doubt iraq would/could do anything different knowing this info.

anyway... CNN will have something new to report. For a day or two anyhow.

Comment

I watch FOX because it doesn't piss me off like the Communist News Network.

Comment

you probably will not see much anyway. My guess is Iraq will be electricity free in minutes after any attack starts. It will be dark over Baghdad.

Those who are against war (because they say Iraq has no WOMD are the same people who say war will be a mistake because Saddam will launch his WOMD.

Comment

Yeah, the only thing that concrns me is digging them out of the cities. That is what stopped Bush 1 I think. Anyway, it will be done so we'll find out.
                            Last edited by Lancer; December 30, 2002, 12:34.

Comment

Iraq rolls over and dies within minutes. i think those who say he does not have weapons are right (WOMD).

Anyway, I give them... 15 minutes, and it's over. Over in terms of how the end will play. But looking at it that way, it's over already. Boring! Maybe NK would be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X