Legalisation of Marijuana and the textiles industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalisation of Marijuana and the textiles industry

If/when this stuff is legal to smoke, will hemp clothing return?

And if so, would you smoke your socks?

I say you should smoke everyday.
    I say you should scatter seeds all over so that it grows everywhere, thus not only do you get a better environment, when they too many of them grow you can cut them down and smoke em and make clothes out of them...
    hippie:
    but of course marijuana social stigma posses problems in the land of the free...
    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
    rocking on everest

Comment

For hemp production, the stalk is the important part, which has a lower concentration of THC than the leaves. It would mostly just be a waste to smoke your socks.

Comment

I don't see why the growing of industrial hemp (which provides excellent, pliant burlap and ropes, not ideal for clothing) should not be legal under controlled conditions. And I'm a strong opponent of legalising marijuana, mind.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

umm the main problem being you need the marijuana plant to make the hemp Buck... you legalize hemp... think how much easier it is to make marijuana...
          rocking on everest

Comment

The marijuana legalization lobby got shot down pretty thoroughly this last election, so don't go buying any stock in the hemp industry!
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Hemp clothing will NEVER return. Too uncomfortable. It's like wearing clothes made out of pubic hair.

Comment

The marijuana legalization lobby got shot down pretty thoroughly this last election, so don't go buying any stock in the hemp industry!
                Then again, that's because most people who oppose marijuana do so because of government and/or religious propaganda, not out of any rational logic.

People who say "Marijuana should be kept illegal" while drinking a beer, for example, are not in touch with reality.
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
                  Too uncomfortable. It's like wearing clothes made out of pubic hair.
                  uncomfortable you say?
                  You make my life and times
                  A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

I like the analogy statusperfect
                    rocking on everest

Comment

But hemp still smells better.

Comment

Don't knock pubic hair socks, nothing else tastes the same.
                        I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                        Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Trust me.. cannabis can have a much more detrimental effect than alohol.. time factor considered.
                          Have spacesuit, will travel!

Comment

Spoilsport!!

Comment

Trust me... cannabis can confuse your feet to such an extent you believe in trees. Then what would you do? Smoke your table? I don't think so.
                              I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                              Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Working...
                              X