No announcement yet.

Help with champagne bottle!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it real champagne, or some cheap fuzzy wine like Cair (bleh!)?

I'll be opening one tomorrow myself. The cork always hits the ceiling. Mechanics says that it will bounce back with an exit angle which is the opposite of the entry angle. You can make an indirect hit on someone you don't like that way...
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

Comment

It was a french one. Hence the will to open it at my party (for my name).

Dont know much about champanges could have been french AND crap!

Tasted good though.

Champagnia Cair is historical

Comment

Isn't the sale, transport, or use of non-French "Champaigne" the sole remaining crime punishable by the guillotine?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

BTW have you heard the ultimate skyladiko with the inspired lyrics (sang by mitsikostas but he must have copied it from the original singer, mitsi was with long nail on the pingy, golden ring and glamorous shining suit with fur in a parody of the "paratragouda" attraction singers)

and the lyrics go

TzemIs bond
          tzemis bond
          tzemis bond 8a gino
          gia xari sou 8a gino
          8a gino tzemis bond

Comment

it surpasses even the other one:

ta matakia sou me kaine
            giati eisai manekenE
            (last E pronounced)

I try to find them for download. if you have winmx and find one of these do me a favor and let me know.
            i want to compile a CD with ageless skyladika

(unrelated with champagne but tora pou se vrika)

Comment

Go outside point the bottle at your downstairs (nasty) neighbor and take off the cork with a deft swipe of a sword. You may not get much to drink but you'll make a 'statement'.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                Was it real champagne
                Ok here is what is written on the bottle (it survived)

Product of France

Pierre LeGendre

Vin Mousseux (sic! -> sic is mine)

Brut

Elabore par Pierre LeGendre (doh!)

St-Hillaire, St-Florent

(M&L) France

someone who knows about Champagnes could tell us if its any good.

All I know is it tasted pretty good.

Comment

If it's from France, and says its Champaigne, it must be Champaigne.

France takes this very seriously.

Almost as seriously as Greece takes Feta.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Like che says above, with the addition of holding the bottle at a 45* angle to minimize foaming up.

I myself enjoy sniping with corks. My specialty is banking it off the wall and ceiling to get someone on the back of the head. The spanins sparkling wine, Frexinet, is notorious for loose corks.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

TzemIs bond
                      tzemis bond
                      tzemis bond 8a gino
                      gia xari sou 8a gino
                      8a gino tzemis bond
                      This is an authentic '70s piece. I don't know the artist though. If you compile that CD, then www.apisti.com is a must. (don't follow the adress, it leads to a ****ty greek bulletin board - this is the name of the song)
                      Follow this link instead: http://anekdota.dyndns.org/files/int...apisti-com.mp3
                      George Orwell

Comment

You could always do what most restaurants do and but a hand towel over the cork. That way if it flies off it will be caught in the towel and no one gets nailed in the face with a fliing projectile.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Champagne is nice after all. I've been drinking my bottle all day and i'm about to finish it...

So Paik, isn't that song hilarious? The artist's name is Dimitris (or Dionysis) Starovas, btw...
                          George Orwell

Comment

yeah ive heard the song, live from some broadcasting, forgot which chanel

it is hilarious. and thanx for the link.
                            i think these guys must have other songs like that

also, there is some CD from bougas, you know the planitarhis, which have all those type of songs.

i discov tired of writingin englih

áíáêÜëõøá üôé ôï ôæÝìéò ìðïíô åßíáé äçìéïýñãçìá ôïõ ÌðïõãÜ êáé üôé Ý÷åé Ýíá óéíôé ãåìÜôï ìå ôÝôïéá ôñáãïýäéá.

ìéëÜìå ãéá öïâåñÞ ðëÜêá.

ðáñáìÝíåé Üãíùóôïò ï... êáëëéôÝ÷íçò/áïéäüò ôïõ ìáíåêÝíå

Comment

Working...
                            X