Lott Resigns as Majority Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lott Resigns as Majority Leader

Well, well -- apparently, Lott decided to cave into pressure, in spite of his macho words, and resign from his Majority Leader position, but will remain as a Senate representative of Missississippi.

That's alright if he continues representing Mississippi -- it has always been a backward state anyway, so it should suit him well.

Either Lott was just plain stupid enough to make a comment without realizing it was racist, or Lott is racist. Either case would have called for him to resign, in my opinion.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I knew he was going to be stepping down when Bush criticized him.

Long time no see btw

Comment

Either Lott was just plain stupid enough to make a comment without realizing it was racist, or Lott is racist. Either case would have called for him to resign, in my opinion.
      If that first qualification were enough to force a Senator to resign, there'd be no one in the Senate.
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Thank goodness that idiot is no longer the majority leader. It was originally republicans wanting him to resign when he made those comments.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

WB MrFun.

I'm sorry Lott broke his promise to resign from the Senate entirely. It would have been wonderful to have a Black Democrat taking his place as a Senator from Mississippi.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

all we ned is some hot redfern action and this will eb the queerest thread in recet memory

welcome back mr fun!

oh, and thanks for the newstip, just woke up
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

MrFun sighting!!!

How've you been?

Yes, interesting that he resigns after so much talk.
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

And we have Al Gore to thank for it. Way to go Al! Way to invent the internet err, fuel the fire of partisanship

Comment

Re: Lott Resigns as Majority Leader

Originally posted by MrFun
                  That's alright if he continues representing Mississippi -- it has always been a backward state anyway, so it should suit him well.
                  Sitting way up on your high horse must give you the occasional nose bleed.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I'm glad he resigned his position. The fact that he was willing to compromise his conservative principles (stating that he supports AA) to try and save his political career shows that he doesn't have what it takes.

I'm glad he didn't resign from the senate though.
                    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I am pretty disgusted. This only proves the country has not moved forward on the race issue and calls into question the integrity of the Rebublican Senate.

Comment

Senate Republicans are angry that their leadership let Al Gore be a hero on guns.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Mr. Fun sighting [+1]

The man with the wholly misleading name is back! Super!

KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                            I am pretty disgusted. This only proves the country has not moved forward on the race issue and calls into question the integrity of the Rebublican Senate.
                            True, but at least we know Lott is a wuss now.
                            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                              In politics it's not important whether you are fair to the individual politicians. Politicians exist only to serve their constituents goals, and when they can become detrimental to that, then it is ok to turn on them.

Good news, especially that he plans to serve out his term. This will hopefully make it harder for people to call the GOP racist.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                              X