No announcement yet.

Chirac: The French should be more British

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where there is bad driving, are the traffic laws enforced?

Comment

France actually has very similar traffic laws to the UK, but they're never enforced.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

When I visited the UK in Oct, I thought that other than the obvious differences to get used to, driving was a breeze. I was shocked when lorry drivers actually made room for me to get on the motorway. That never happens in Toronto. Course, I wasn't anywhere near London, but still the drivers seemed a lot more courteous than Canadian ones, especially Quebecers (I swear the more snow & ice there is the faster they drive).
        Semper ubi sub ubi

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
          France actually has very similar traffic laws to the UK, but they're never enforced.
          Then Chirac should be looking in the mirror saying "Be more like the British". (which is very good advice in all respects), and crack down on the police, or hire more.

Better no laws than unenforced laws.

Comment

Originally posted by SubLimey
            ...the drivers seemed a lot more courteous than Canadian ones, especially Quebecers (I swear the more snow & ice there is the faster they drive).
            Winter lasts for 10 1/2 months over here : we're not used to driving on pavement...
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by SubLimey
              but still the drivers seemed a lot more courteous than Canadian ones, especially Quebecers (I swear the more snow & ice there is the faster they drive).
              Maybe Chirac should tell the Quebecers to be more
              British.

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                When i was in London,....

These cab drivers are crazy man... they don't stop, even if you cross a zebra-crossing!! (well the uk- version of it i mean)

Well i nearly got killed there so ... don't go to the british!! learn from the Belgians!!
                I had a similar experience... I was actually hit by the rearview mirror of a London taxicab while trying to cross the street there.
                Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown

I had a similar experience... I was actually hit by the rearview mirror of a London taxicab while trying to cross the street there.
                  Hit by the rearview mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Have you ever driven in Leeds? Now that place is a complete bastard to drive in Birmingham is bad too...
                    Any urban centre is a nightmare.

Personnally, I love driving around country roads at night.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

Hit by the rearview mirror?
                      Sideview... rearview... whatever... anyhow, it smacked me on the elbow as I was crossing the street. Hurt like a sum*****.
                      Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Getting hit by those damn motorcycle couriers is the worst.

Comment

Try carrying a 6 foot lenght of motorcycle chain.

Works for bikers.

Comment

Working...
                          X