Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 13 year old girl be a lesbian- and if so, should she go to gym class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy? Telling my parents is to this day the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• You will be ridiculed as a ***/**** by peers
      You will be ostracized by your peers
      You will get the **** kicked out of you by your peers
      You will break the hearts of your parents.
      You will never be considered "normal" or lead a "normal" life.
      has this all happened to yuo?
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        has this all happened to yuo?
        Nope, thankfully, but the fear was there it would happen to me, as it has certainly happened to others. That was the important thing in terms of pressure.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• among the circles I have seen, that does not happen

probably still does in areas of the south

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
            among the circles I have seen, that does not happen

probably still does in areas of the south

Jon Miller
            Incidents of homophobic behavior against high school students, whether their orientation was actually known or perceived, are documented in every part of the country in pretty much every socio-economic environment.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I guess you are right, most circles I see do not do so, but some people do

as far as I could tell, the people socially 'out' were by and large put down far more (for being allegedly gay) than those who actually engaged in homosexual activities (and more popular, and female)

I should have said that there are groups everywhere, who do not do those things (and so you would not be an outcast, you just may not be accepted into a couple of groups (in fact, guys would find a much harder time being accepted (As far as I have seen) than girls))

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Incidents of homophobic behavior against high school students, whether their orientation was actually known or perceived, are documented in every part of the country in pretty much every socio-economic environment.
                Right, I did a paper on peer harrasment in school for sociology. The types of harrasment homosexuals can face in schools can be particularly brutal, and can even include malicious violence and gang-raping. The harassment against homosexuals is documented to occur against gays and lesbians alike.

Here is one of the webpages I used in my research:

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• as far as I have seen, in many places the harrassment against lesbians no longer exists

(as in they are the popular and in girls)

Jon Miller
                  it was true in my school.. (and in the schools nearby)
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that your school/region is far from normal. In fact it's almost reverse discrimination, where everyone WANTS to be a lesbian.

Something's in the air over there...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• A guy I went to college with was gang-raped by a group of his highschool boys. They assumed he would secretly enjoy it. He was still having nightmares about it many many years later.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• In the schools I have been to I was called a *** even though nobody knew that I really was bi. So discrimination was prevalent. Even when I was in San Diego some time ago I was harassed because people thought I looked gay.

I just ignore it.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I was called a *** in highschool to (despite not being one)

it started changing when I was a junior, and was fairly changed when I was a senior and in the 4 years since than (I have siblings in the school and still hang out with my younger siblings, so..)

but than the class below me had thier senior class president be kicked out of office for prostitution so yah, my highschool might be a bit weird (I actually hope so)

my college I have been led to beleive is not, however

and that is horrid Boris, I think in many places that would not happen today (but were not all those who gang raped him being homosexual too? that is something I don't understand)

and Asher, I didn't say that everyone wants to be a lesbian, just that everyone was pressured (I would actually have to re-ask my younger siblings what the precentages are)

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I can't recall ever being called a ***/gay/whatever in high school, but lots of people I know were continually called it.

They were all straight though.

Ah, high school is fun.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              and that is horrid Boris, I think in many places that would not happen today (but were not all those who gang raped him being homosexual too? that is something I don't understand)
                              It happens more often than you think, I bet. However, usually it's boys raping lesbians.

And they just forced him to fellate them. It's kinda like the Mexican machismo thing. As long as they were the servicees rather than the servicers, I'm sure they could rationalize it away as not impugning their sexuality. Besides, they were first and foremost humiliating the ***.

And maybe one or more of them was a closeted homosexual. The ones who are most repressed often really do express the most virulently homophobic tendencies.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• ugh

what is really popular (at least among men) is for the girl to be Bi, not Lez (even though they will say Lez)

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X