Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 13 year old girl be a lesbian- and if so, should she go to gym class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

For decades people have experimented with homosexuality in college, it's just that until recent times it's not been okay to talk about it.

People aren't bisexual because it's trendy to do so, some people are CLAIMING to be bisexual because it's trendy to do so in some regions.

Can you guys figure out the difference or do you need some help?
    are you completly ignoring what I type?

I am not writing what I think the girl is thinking

I am writing what she is saying (At least paraphrasing), in some cases to people who are wanting her to be Bi

I have the personal expereince with family and freinds (some of whom have complained to me about being pressured to fool arround with other girls)

you can't tell me that all (or even most) of those who do so, would do so without the pressure

peer pressure does not work that way, it is known to have a huge effect on the young adult/ teen populace

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

How can 5% of the population not be included in the term "virtually everyone"?

Why don't you just go edit your post like you usually do and pretend like you didn't make a mistake? I've come to expect no better from you.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        I thought it would have been obvious that the post I made was in response to Drake's, seeing as it says "originally posted by Drake" in the part I responded to.

you can't tell me that all (or even most) of those who do so, would do so without the pressure
        And why not?
        If people put peer pressure on you, would you have sex with a man, Jon?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Of course he is. You'll get used to it eventually.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            How can 5% of the population not be included in the term "virtually everyone"?

Why don't you just go edit your post like you usually do and pretend like you didn't make a mistake? I've come to expect no better from you.
            Drake, give it a rest.
            Virtually everyone does not mean everyone, it just means the vast majority.

But if you keep trying, maybe we can play more games with semantics!
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Of course he is. You'll get used to it eventually.
              Yeah, I should have known Jon meant "claim to be" every time he used "be".

What with quotes like...
              but there are areas/groups I know where the majority are Bi

Comment

Yeah, I should have known Jon meant "claim to be" every time he used "be".

I thought you didn't want to start a semantic argument.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I thought you didn't want to start a semantic argument.
                  There's a huge difference between the two, Drake.

If I say peer pressure is making everyone bisexual, it is far different than saying peer pressure is making everyone claim to be bisexual.

The first is what Boddington's is arguing, the second is apparently what Jon is arguing.

But am I the only one who can understand the difference here?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

If people put peer pressure on you, would you have sex with a man, Jon?
                    according to my freinds I the least responsive to peer pressure of anybody they know

so I might not be the best to ask

I have spent my time from 12 on hanging arround drug users and so on (to give an example), and despite being pressured to over and over again, I have never used drugs (And have had less than a drink of alcohol (see, even I give in))

if everyone was trying to get me to have sex with a man, I might (I am not in the position though)

and if the person I was in love with kept trying to get me to sleep with a man, I probably would

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and if the person I was in love with kept trying to get me to sleep with a man, I probably would
                      You would? Now that is the first I have ever heard of a straight guy saying they would if pressured to do so.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        according to my freinds I the least responsive to peer pressure of anybody they know

so I might not be the best to ask

I have spent my time from 12 on hanging arround drug users and so on (to give an example), and despite being pressured to over and over again, I have never used drugs (And have had less than a drink of alcohol (see, even I give in))

if everyone was trying to get me to have sex with a man, I might (I am not in the position though)

Jon Miller

The Midwest is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird

Comment

and I would definitely drink some alcohol (not much), if my SO wanted me to

Jon Miller
                          (an example where I know I would give into peer pressure)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I guess I should be proud that I have a backbone, then. Most of my friends wouldn't have sex with someone they didn't want to, regardless of peer pressure.

Maybe things are different in Canada, where people have backbone and integrity when it comes to personal choices.

Comment

There's a huge difference between the two, Drake.

There's a huge difference between "virtually everyone" and "every straight person but absolutely no gay ones" as well. Of course, that didn't stop you from criticizing me for not understanding the vague terms you were spitting out.

Smells like hypocrisy in here.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

There's a huge difference between "virtually everyone" and "every straight person but absolutely no gay ones" as well. Of course, that didn't stop you from criticizing me for not understanding the vague terms you were spitting out.

Smells like hypocrisy in here.
                                Jesus Christ, Drake, what's your problem?

I never said "absolutely no gay ones do". I said no ones I know do, and I also said "most gays" do not.

And I do think "virtually everyone" can include the vast majority of people in the country. I don't see why you think virtually everyone is synonymous with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X