Natural selection at work - Teen killed imitating 'Jackass' stunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    He was 15, just a kid. People don't realize, but the bodies of young teenagers aren't really as tough as those of older teens and young adults.
    People also don't realize the concept of carefully planned camera angles and trick photography.

Additionally, there's definately a right and wrong way to fall without hurting yourself. Anyone who's taken martial arts or acting classes knows what I'm talking about.
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Kids these days...they just don't know the proper techniques while working around a moving car, which is why I felt that I must issue this public service announcement:

Kyle 'Action' Stadler's Guide to moving vehicles

Jumping onto and out of moving vehicles is a very important skill to learn, as it can come in use if you are chasing a bad guy and are on foot, or need to escape from a car with an incapacitated driver. But, you ought to understand all the risks and only use this as a last resort. Follow these guidelines for safety!

1) It is generally a good idea to chase down the vehicle you are attempting on from the rear. This reduces the chances of tripping and getting run over, or mistiming your movements and getting run over.

2) When climbing onto the moving vehicle, you should quickly pull yourself off the ground and try to establish a foothold on the rear bumper. Failure to do this may result in your falling off the back of the vehicle.

3) Lay flat on top of the vehicle and look for places to get a grip - open windows work excellently. Should the driver not want you on top of their moving vehicle, they may try and swerve to dislodge you. Simply moving your legs with the movement of the vehicle and keeping a firm grip can prevent any mishaps.

4) If you are trying to get into the vehicle, simply lean over the side and open the door. Steadying yourself on the upper part of the door, you can safely swing your legs into the vehicle and drop into the seat, making sure to close the door behind you.

5) Should you want to exit the vehicle before it comes to a complete stop, simply open the door and leap out, being sure to roll when you hit the ground. Selecting a soft landing surface (grass, foam, other people) makes all the difference between a pleasant exit and a painful one.

I hope that this public service announcement has properly informed you of the risks inherent with jumping onto/off of moving vehicles so that if it becomes necessary, you can do this with ease!

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yea, you tell 'em, "Action"!

Comment

@ "Action"

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
            I've spent long sessions with these guys trying to make them understand that the chairs used in WWF are fake.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Thats a good one ixnay. When I was a kid and teenager,(I am now 21 so it is not that long ago) I never thought the trying to recreate sunts I saw on TV. I was smart enough to understand that the people doing that stuff were perfessionals and that if I did it myself I could get hurt badly or die. Why dont these kid realize this?? What makes them do stupid stuff like this.
              Donate to the American Red Cross.
              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Every time I get worried that intelligence is less and less of a selection pressure, some story like this pops up. Of course, they have to shatter whatever hope I have with the follow-up stories of relentless litigation.

Ixnay: Genius!
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                X