No announcement yet.

The Time Person of the Year 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time is an American magazine. Only Americans should be voting on this poll. The fact that the poll is being so heavily skewed by partisans of the conflict between Israel and Palestine proves this. I think that both Sharon and Arafat should be removed from the poll immediately.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
      Time is an American magazine. Only Americans should be voting on this poll.
      That's globalization for you. Shut up and eat it Dokkie

Comment

Time may be American based, but it has an international readership. Most of it's stories have to do with foreign relations and all. That's why it's person of the year and not American of the year, but yeah Sharon and Arafat are crap on this as they haven't done anything grand enough this year and are just a place for partisans to hedge their bets.

But Like I said, the rest of the people suck too. Why the hell isn't Sid Meier on there for example? oh... might have something to do with the UN wonder....

Comment

That's right. We'll contaminate your bodily fluids wether you want it or not.

Comment

err..why is Eli smiling when Sauron is winning?

odd
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
              Time may be American based, but it has an international readership. Most of it's stories have to do with foreign relations and all. That's why it's person of the year and not American of the year, but yeah Sharon and Arafat are crap on this as they haven't done anything grand enough this year and are just a place for partisans to hedge their bets.

But Like I said, the rest of the people suck too. Why the hell isn't Sid Meier on there for example? oh... might have something to do with the UN wonder....
              Yeah, they should have just cancelled the thing this year.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It's probably going to be Bush. A&E's Biography of the Year was Bush as well.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Where's Pim Fortuyn?
                  Peter Jackson?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    It's probably going to be Bush.
                    Again? He won in 2000 IIRC.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Pim Fortuyn?

PIM FORTUYN?!

oh dear, I better not turn this thread into a dutchy debating match.

moving speedily along...

Peter Jackson, yeah! Have you seen Braindead? I can't believe he got away with Lotr!

Comment

Working...
                      X