Are You Ready for some Football - Week 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    I'm not even gonna whine about it RAH -- even though it puts you up on me in the standings.

You posted before kickoff.
    What part did you not understand, Ming?
    I'm totally cool with this...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What part of the "bump" did you not understand
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by reismark

Doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. Besides, considering how different a quarterback McMahon is from Harrington, I'm not surprised that Detroit was able to keep it close, considering how Kiffin had to scrap his entire game plan midstream. Besides, the way the Giants played today, the Eagles are going to lose at least one, and that's all we're going to need...

Pittsburgh? Patsies, the lot of them.

And with New Orleans (HA HA HA HA!!!) and Atlanta both losing...

The way the Giants played? It looked to me that Dallas was phoning it in.....

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

And the Patriots look like they'll lose to damn lucky Titans All said though, the race for the Play-Off berth in the AFC-South is really hotting up between the Colts and Titans

Well played Titans, really plugged that Pats offense tonight

Comment

The Titans have been great lately.

And the Pats are now 1-6 against any team over .500! Definite pretenders!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes, they did look like pretenders last night.

Reismark, one question.
              I saw that you calculated the team scores. I was wondering if you took into account the weeks when a team member didn't pick. I thought we had agreed that it wouldn't be used in calculating the team average score.

It really doesn't make the calculation that much harder but it really does impact the score and doesn't penalize a whole team because a single player missed a week

where TP= total team points
              NTP=number of team players
              NW=number of weeks
              T0= total number of 0's due to missed weeks

Instead of TP/NTP

it would be TP/((NTP*NW)-T0)*(NTP*NW)/NTP

example after week 15 for Slickers

311/3 = 103.666

accounting for missed weeks

311/(15*3)-2)*(15*3)/3=
              311/43*45/3=108.48

the Minus 2 is for the two week cold wizard didn't pick.

Quite a difference in the score
              Why should berzs team be penalized all year because he didn't get in the first week.?

I think if this calc is used. A team score would better represent picking skills instead of which team picked every week. And I do vaguely remember people thinking this was the prefered way to choose a champion. But it could have been a senior moment, and you are the commisioner, so the call is yours. We haven't had any controversy yet

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why do so many have a hard-on about Kurt Warner?
                What disgusting thing did he ever do?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I thought we had all agreed on that as well
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, whatever. Thanks.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• i thought the deal was, if you missed a week, you screwed your team. By Rah's method, a team with one or 2 weak players could just "accidentally" miss a week to help the overall team score.

And here we are discussing it with 2 weeks to go...

My team has had 2 person-weeks of picks missed, and it was my understanding we were screwed. I assumed that was why Imram and Berz were so apologetic when they missed deadline.

I have no idea what the standing are (nor do I care that much), but to me, a three-man team means -- divide by 3 for an average score. Divide by 2 or divide by one, and it's mathematically unbalanced.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Don't see any Slackers boo-hoo-hooing when a week is missed.

Comment

• For the record, I agree with Rah on this:

reismark is commissioner, and we should all abide by his decision.

Comment

• Rah: You miss a week, you suffer the consequences. Period. The only thing a team is entitled to do to improve their score in that situation is replace any member who has missed three weeks or more.

REMINDER

There are Saturday afternoon games the last two weeks of the regular season. All picks for the last two weeks of the regular season are due before the kickoff of the first game on SATURDAY.

The CBS system will not function for the playoffs, so we'll have to go back to posting picks here for that...
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Yeah, for anyone interested, I'll run the calcs for weeks missing by a player. Because I'm going to laugh at anyone that brags that their team won, only because the other team's players didn't pick a week. Of course it might not change anything. This way people will know which team actually picked better than any other team. Not which team had players that had a real life and sometimes weren't able to make their picks.

RAH
                              Waiting for flames. But since Reis hasn't had to do hardly any work since the season started, might as well stir the pot.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X