No announcement yet.

GOD and the black hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matter cannot occupy the same space twice? or what ever it is, I understand.

So all this matter is being compressed into tinyness?

I think that there is something going on here that is not known or cannot be explained as of yet.

Comment

So that's what happened.
      Not by choice

Comment

Why is it that when my simple mind comes up with a "wrench in the machine" everybody runs away?

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
          matter cannot occupy the same space twice? or what ever it is, I understand.

So all this matter is being compressed into tinyness?

I think that there is something going on here that is not known or cannot be explained as of yet.
          Okay, let me try to make this easier. Take a balloon and cut a square out of it. Now lay it flat. Let this piece of balloon be the universe WITHOUT up or down. Now take you're fingure and pull underneth.

You just made a dent in the universe. All stars and planets have a dent like this. You know how water turns as it goes down the sink? Well, the same thing happens to the stars and planets. They spin around this dent like water.

Now take a pencil or pen and make a hole in this universe. Then take the universe and pinch it together so that the hole is closed. This a black hold, a REALY big dent in the universe. There is no space and no time in a Black Hole. So matter can occupy the same at the same time.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
            Have you ever seen the effects of a black hole Boris. Or do you take the word of people you dont know that have written about it in books and articles.

I'm sure you will say that's different because it's scientific and that those people have went to school and done all this work but in the end it comes down to you taking their word for it. You have faith that they know what they are talking about and that they will truthfully report what they find.
            Not quite the same thing. First, when I read about scientific explanations for black holes, it makes rational sense to me based on science. Also, these men use extremely detailed scientific formulae and support their conclusions with them. That right there is more support than one can find for creationism. There findings are also peer-reviewed, which is a merciless guantlet of criticism designed to tear down any theory that has holes in it (no pun intended).

Is it 100% black holes exist? No, as the phenomena witnessed may be explained by magic or something we've yet to discover. But for what we know of science and the universe, it is a logical conclusion. No such logical conclusion could be made for the magical God.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The way I think is GOD did this now how was it done rather than the scientist who thinks GOD did not do this as it is "random chance".

Why is it so hard for a scientist to admitt that there may be a ouside influince?
              Very few scientists would say with any certainty that "God did not do this," as such a thing is unprovable as God doing it. Rather, they would simply try to find out as much as possible about how it happened through science. For things that remained unexplained, they will make hypotheses about how it happened. Nothing there excludes the potential for God to exist.

God is useless, however, to scientists. So really it is a moot point to even bring God into the equation.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

So a scientist CAN except thing that cannot be seen?
                Choose your words carefully. Air cannot be seen, and yet we know it's there.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

God is useless, however, to scientists. So really it is a moot point to even bring God into the equation.

Yep

Comment

Air cannot be seen, and yet we know it's there.

Oh really?

Comment

Yep
                      Why the sad face? That's exactly how science should be.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If a scientist admitts to beleiving in GOD are they looked down on by there peers?

Comment

Stars and planets and GOD knows what else falls into a black hole but the black hole does not git any bigger or say collect anymore mass?
                          Who says it doesn't get any bigger? The more mass that falls into a black hole, the larger the event horizon gets. We just don't know, and probably can't ever know, what happens to anything beyond the event horizon, because no information comes back, hence, black hole.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If a scientist admitts to beleiving in GOD are they looked down on by there peers?
                            Not necessarily. Many scientists believe in a God. That doesn't make them right.

Comment

Oh really?
                              Really. Or are you going to try and convince me that either you can see air or air doesn't exist?

Comment

There are a whole lot of scientists who believe in God. Especially physicists, it seems. I actually find it a tad surprising. They would probably be laughed at if they said they were creationists, though.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X