Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My God, how could I have ever forgotten the legendary exploits of Davey O'Brien?

Comment

• Anybody watch the Junction Boys last night. It was pretty darn good. What a brutal way to train
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• These days we don't like to see our players die of heat exhaustion .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yep... that would NEVER happen in these modern days of enlightenment
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• BASEBALL TRADE

After all the talk, the trigger was pulled on a big, 4 team deal:

Oakland gets: Erubiel Durazo (from Ariz)
            Arizona gets: Elmer Dessens (from Cincy)
            Cincinnati gets: Felipe Lopez (from Toronto)
            Toronto gets: a player to be named later from Oakland. (player is frozen on minor league roster)

First glance: OAKLAND GETS ANOTHER STEAL! Durazo is a great 1B, and he will do amazing in that lineup, and all they gave up is a player to be named later!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• how much work has to go into a 4 team deal? sounds really, really complicated

Comment

• METS GET RID OF ORDONEZ:

The New York Mets took another step in reducing their payroll and shedding one of their problem players, trading Rey Ordonez to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on Sunday for two players to be named.

They have to pay a substantial part, but get some players back (Russ Johnson isn't that bad of a backup), and clears room for super-prospect Jose Reyes next year. And Desi Relaford is a better hitter than Ordonez anyway (hard not to be ).

H Tower: Oh yeah... that's gotta be very hard.

Comment

• Oh, and I forgot:

ALFONSO SIGNS WITH GIANTS

Edgardo Alfonzo and the San Francisco Giants agreed Sunday on a $26 million, four-year contract, The Associated Press learned.

A logjam at 2nd if the Giants resign Kent. They have Durham, Alfonso, and Kent then. In that situation, Alfonso replaces David Bell (who signed with Philly) at 3rd, Kent is at 2nd, and Durham says he'll play CF.

Comment

• I'm just waiting to see if the Cubs can sign Pudge

We've already made our "blockbuster" deal...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I wonder who's going to get Vlad Guerrero from the Expos.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I don't think Vlad is going to be traded... at least this offseason. They NEED to have a star so that any prospective buyers (who will move the team) have a reason to bid on the team.

Comment

• I thought that the Expos were trying to get rid of him and his salary. That's what I heard at any rate, but I haven't been following the news as closely as I usually do. Damn finals.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Vlad will stay... but one of the two aces will be gone. It's just a matter of which one
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Great week of football and after realizing that Baltimore is 7-7 and COULD STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, Brian Billick is my coach of the year! That team has the talent of the Detroit Lions and they could make the playoffs! WOW!

Comment

• They have more talent than that.

They have a running back who is better than James Stewart. They have a good tight end in Todd Heap. And they still have a good defense.

All things detroit doesn't have

Comment

Working...
                                X