Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You misunderstand. I said and meant both ways.
    The Ranger's are the worst money managers I've seen.
    They are the worst evaluators of talent in young pitching.
    And they really made me when they got rid of Palimeiro, and got The Idiot aka Will Clark to play 1st a while.
    They have a payroll last year 2nd only to the Yankess, and get nothing in wins.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• New Topic:

Why the hell is the Heisman trophy presentation ceremony so long? Do we really need an hour of human-interest bull**** before we get to the winner? Just give out the damn trophy!

I'm dying to know which player is doomed to having no career in the NFL.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        I'm dying to know which player is doomed to having no career in the NFL.
        Isn't that the truth...

But to answer your question... ADVERTISING REVENUE
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It was a rhetorical question, Ming.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Carson Palmer... let the fun begin
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Carson Palmer wins? What horse****...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So much for the east coast media bias
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I can't believe Dorsey finished fifth. The man gets no respect.

Not that I would've voted for him.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Well... maybe now Dorsey will have a NFL career
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      Well... maybe now Dorsey will have a NFL career

Very true. Dorsey's a smart guy, so maybe this was his plan all along. Let McGahee do all the work, avoid the Heisman curse and succeed in the pros. It's genius!
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• You know... a plausable theory
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• wasn't much of a suprise, Palmer had the whole west, and the two from miami split the south east region, larry johnson took the north east, and banks got the midwest. palmer was just able to steal enough votes from around the rest of the country and since he had no competition on the coast... that's all she wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower
                            wasn't much of a suprise, Palmer had the whole west, and the two from miami split the south east region, larry johnson took the north east, and banks got the midwest. palmer was just able to steal enough votes from around the rest of the country and since he had no competition on the coast... that's all she wrote
                            Actually, H, Palmer won every voting region except Banks' Midwest, and won by a large margin, which says a lot...
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Congratulations Carson. May you be frugal with that first, big contract cause it will likely be your last, if the following list is any indication:

2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska
                              2000 Chris Weinke Florida State
                              1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida
                              1993 Charlie Ward Florida State
                              1992 Gino Torretta Miami
                              1990 Ty Detmer Brigham Young
                              1989 Andre Ware Houston
                              1986 Vinny Testaverde Miami
                              1984 Doug Flutie Boston College
                              1971 Pat Sullivan Auburn
                              1970 Jim Plunkett Stanford
                              1967 Gary Beban UCLA
                              1966 Steve Spurrier Florida
                              1964 John Huarte Notre Dame
                              1963 Roger Staubach Navy
                              1962 Terry Baker Oregon State
                              1956 Paul Hornung Notre Dame
                              1947 John Lujack Notre Dame
                              1944 Les Horvath Ohio State (Quarterback and halfback)
                              1943 Angelo Bertelli Notre Dame
                              1938 Davey O'Brien Texas Christian

I'm not too sure if ANY of the quarterbacks has had a long-term successful career in the NFL, with the exception of Staubach. Andre Ware was drafted by the Detroit Lions a year or two after they drafted Barry Sanders, and with two Heisman winners you would've thought that the team would've gone next level in a year or three... well, I did, anyway.

Plunkett had a pretty good career - 2 Super Bowl rings, and one Super Bowl MVP. Not too bad. But I think he had a really rough start, and 1981 was a comeback year of sorts.

I remember when the Heisman announcement was first broadcast - I think that it was announced at like 5:50pm one Saturday, and CBS just did a live cut-in to the announcement. Then it was a half-hour presentation, then it was a half-hour presentation that started at 7:00pm and so on until today, where we had a TV show that ran on for so long that I actually forgot it was on!

Comment

• and the two from miami split the south east region

The two Miami players didn't even get Palmer's total.

I think Palmer will have a VERY good career. He has great mechanics, he is 6'6'' (can see over that line ). At worst he'll be like an Archie Manning, a great QB on a bad team.

I'm not too sure if ANY of the quarterbacks has had a long-term successful career in the NFL, with the exception of Staubach.

What about Davey O'Brien?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X