Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we knew he'd be gone for a few weeks now .

Talk is the Cubs might snap him up. They traded Hundley to make room... and they might try to overspend, as much as the Phillies did to get Thome, to get him.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Ming, here's your answer as to why players/managers/etc shouldn't even bet FOR their teams:

"Dowd also told the Post that Rose did not bet on the Reds whenever two pitchers, including Mario Soto, started, which "sent a message through the gambling community that the Reds can't win" on those days."

(From Imrans ESPN article).

Being insiders, they would influence the odds and the money regardless of how they bet. If they don't think their team is going to win, they won't bet at all, which sends the signal that Player A thinks his team doesn't have a good chance that night.

Even though it could bring some excitement to the end-game, as players scramble to make great plays so they can cover the spread.

Comment

• It would make some people very happy if they did .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• In the NFL there is something interesting developing.

In the monday night game, Ricky Williams said he didn't care about wins as long as he got more yards than Deuce McAllister. Deuce said, that figures, he cares more about yards than winning. I care about wins.

Story developing .

Comment

• some people care only about themselves

Comment

• Yeah, and most of them belong in the NBA .

Comment

• you mean michael jordan isn't playing just for fun?

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Club thread.
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

• Says the person that had to start a copycat thread because he felt inferior .

Comment

• You just need to look at the sports being discussed to dismiss that comment... and why do you have a rounders bat as your avatar?
                        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

• Yeah, we have better sports than you. You can admit it.

And the avatar is Slowwhand's baseball handiwork.

I still see you haven't named your copycat thread as a club thread .

--

Moving to HOCKEY:

Mike Richter, who's been in NY's goal for years just suffered another injury. The Rangers acquired Mike Dunham from Nashville to replace him until he comes back, but it doesn't look he will.

Yep, Mike Richter will likely retire. Even though I've a Devs fan, I can say that Richter was a class act.

Comment

• Imran you Secret Stinkin Ranger lover.

No seriously I always had a similar respect for Richter. Always hoped he would get a Gold medal at the Olympics for more than just patriotic reasons.

As for Dunham, I haven't seen him much, any good?
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Yep... former Devil actually. He backed up Brodeur for a few years and became one of the first picks by the Nashville Predators when they came into existance.

He's one of the best young Goaltenders in the league, and even though Cloutier has been playing lights out in Vancouver (and he was a former Ranger too... God, I love when the Rangers trade their young talent like Amonte ).

Comment

• 49ers vs. Packers!!!! Going to be a good game. Lets go niners!!!

Can't wait for the Lakers/Kings match up either, in a week or so.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X