No announcement yet.

94 year old Palestinian grandmother killed in Intifada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it's tough for both Pal and Israeli kids.. Israeli kids fear and see explosions and death, Pal kids are getting taught hatred and see occupying soldiers and some attacks too.. there should be big joint effort from both sides to make their children play together and stuff, so they just grow up hating stupid adults .
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
      I was talking about the kids throwing rocks...
      Disperse them. Simple. Rubber bullets will do the trick.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
        I was talking about the kids throwing rocks...
        Funny, so was I.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          But it's tough for both Pal and Israeli kids.. Israeli kids fear and see explosions and death, Pal kids are getting taught hatred and see occupying soldiers and some attacks too.. there should be big joint effort from both sides to make their children play together and stuff, so they just grow up hating stupid adults .
          There is a Greek initiative about this. Palestinian children who have lost their parents to Israeli attacks come for summer camp in Greece. And Israeli children who lost their parents to Palestinian attacks come to Greece for summer camp.

The aim is to have them spend a summer together. (in a neutral safe controlled ground) And maybe let them discover that they share some things in common, like their humanity for example...

The Israeli embassy said it is "too early" to have join summer camps. I don't know the responce of the Palestinian Authority.

Comment

paiktis, sounds pretty good.. I don't know if it works good, but it's a good start.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              paiktis, sounds pretty good.. I don't know if it works good, but it's a good start.
              I remember seeing on the news about a school in Israel next to the West Bank where both Israeli and Palestinian kids learn together. Unfortunatly, it can only accomidate a few kids, and even if it could handle all the kids (and assuming that all the parents would want to send their kids there), it's only a (very) long term solution for a problem that has both long term and short term consequences.
              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Edan
                If they weren't targeting civilians? Yes, much.

You mean like going through the peace process of Oslo, where the terrorism increased during the eight years of that process compared to the eight years before Oslo, and then was followed by a 2+ year intifada all because the Palestinian leadership couldn't follow through on the commitments they had made? Yes, that sure was a peaceful result.
                Ok, fight it out in your town, not possible to fight in
                urban area without "colatteral damage".

Yes, what you have now is much better.

How many times did the us and russia meet, or the us and china or anybody vs anybody, it never works the first time (or the second,third) until both sides agree
                and follow up in good faith.

In this case BOTH sides are in bad faith, (Israel-settlers, not surpressing terrorist cells by PLO)

Comment

In this case BOTH sides are in bad faith, (Israel-settlers, not surpressing terrorist cells by PLO)
                  Barak put a halt on settlement growth under his term as PM. Israel also put a lot more at risk when they initiated the peace process than the Palestinians did by agreeing to the talks.
                  Last edited by Edan; December 6, 2002, 00:04.
                  "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

I do love your ability to gloss over those minor details, such as the prohibited road, the van's refusal to stop. Those pictures more than made up for it, though. Brought a tear to my eye...

Comment

• Originally posted by Edan
                      And get shot at by a sniper in the building off to your side.
                      Helmets are poor defences against bullets. If there's a sniper out there, it really doesn't matter what you're wearing on your head.

Still, if someone was throwing rocks at me, taking off my helmet is not on the top of my list of things I would do. Then again, I wouldn't be occupying someone else's homeland.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                        There is a Greek initiative about this. . . .
                        There is a program like this in the US. I don't remember how many years its been running, but it is. Israel problably just doesn't like Greece.

Oh and uh, CBEAST!
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• And Palestine really loves the US.

Commie relic

Comment

• Israel is not occupying Palestine on their own will... they need to because some Palestinians are committing terrorist acts.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• The programs runs in Greece for many years too. And believe me the two sides are much more willing to be coming here than in a place such as the US. (or Great Satan amongst the most enlightened Arabs)

Artiriosclerotic commie relic.

Comment

• Israel is not occupying Palestine on their own will... they need to because some Palestinians are committing terrorist acts.
                                WTF??? They have been occupying Palestine since 1948.
                                The Palestinian Freedom Fighting is a result of Israeli terrorism and occupation!
                                "The meaning of war is not to die for your country, but making your enemies die for their..."

Staff member at RoN Empire

Comment

Working...
                                X