No announcement yet.

First time poster checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what did you do to get banned at CFC? disagree with Chris?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
      so what did you do to get banned at CFC? disagree with Chris?
      You could say there was a disagreement; I think I gave him indigestion after his thanksgiving turkey...

I have spent the better part of the past two weeks serving out bans and the frustration has just got to me... watching threads go on and not being to get a word in... like any prisoner up for parole, I'm not too keen to talk about my crimes just now... perhaps this playlet will sum it up:

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither... Ben Franklin

Comment

Its interesting how right wing Americans are used more and more in these prison guard mod roles. Says a lot.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          Its interesting how right wing Americans are used more and more in these prison guard mod roles. Says a lot.
          You said it not me. IMO it IS a reflection of a big change in American culture that has hit us so hard and fast by surprise that neither left or right wing is sure what exactly has happened. I am willing to assume that some people, legitimately frightened by the tragic events and filled with a sense that we are "at war" with a fearsome enemy, have gone all out for patriotism (flag-worshipping, Bushie style patriotism, which puts the Constitution and the Bill of Rights- the real treasure separating America from anywhere else- in the toilet) and they kind of believe that it is "us against the world", and it annoys them to see people criticizing our government at what is portrayed as a critical juncture in our history.

It feels more to me like what is happening is that someone has done the math and realized the "free world" is about to run out of all of the resources that sustain our way of life and so they are clamping down and willing to give up most freedoms in order to let the most isolated and ignorant Americans take one more long SUV ride to the dude ranch before the whole sjithouse goes up in flames...

Comment

hola

DL

that is all
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Am I too late to dance?

Comment

Your probably about as real as "Kim_Jong_Il"!

Jk
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Hello Keith.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

but is also far more prone to having "characters".

But that's half the fun, Chris .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

'Poly characters' barks are generally much worse than their bites.
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Hello

things get very political sometimes. But you don't have to be that way.

But if you're a communist- you best fess up now

Comment

Except Fez . No wait... especially Fez .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Watch out for the trolls
                            (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              But if you're a communist- you best fess up now
                              No I'm not a communist... I ain't sharing my ice cream with anybody. But I am often considering a ranting extreme left wing liberal... and then I go through these other phases when I just want everyone dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash

You said it not me. IMO it IS a reflection of a big change in American culture that has hit us so hard and fast by surprise that neither left or right wing is sure what exactly has happened.
                                Well in times past a German would have been your obvious choice for a strict mod.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X