No announcement yet.

Why i hate starwars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have noted, one of the problems with Stars Wars is the "kid" tie-in. Lucus seems to pollute his movies with "cute and cuddly" creaters that both appeal to the kids and make great action figure toys.

I think the one of the reasons most of us like Return of the Empire is that it was almost completely devoid of "cute and cuddly." It was serious from beginning to end.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The best part of Return of the Empire was when Luke knocked out the Emperor with his jedi platform shoes.

I also liked the part where Leia and Lando got shrunk and hitched a ride in Darth Vader's helmet.

Comment

i dont like fantasy...
        "The meaning of war is not to die for your country, but making your enemies die for their..."

Staff member at RoN Empire

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
          The best part of Return of the Empire was when Luke knocked out the Emperor with his jedi platform shoes.

I also liked the part where Leia and Lando got shrunk and hitched a ride in Darth Vader's helmet.
          What the heck is this Return of the Empire?
          "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Originally posted by Jules

What the heck is this Return of the Empire?
            Think he is referring to "the empire strikes back".

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

Heretic! The best part was when everybody danced! It helped us to understand the Emperor's motivations when he donned his leisure suit -- it helped everybody to realize "Hey, the Emperor may be the embodiment of evil, but he can sure boogie..."
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
                Think he is referring to "the empire strikes back".
                The parodied version perhaps.
                "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Heretic! The best part was when everybody danced! It helped us to understand the Emperor's motivations when he donned his leisure suit -- it helped everybody to realize "Hey, the Emperor may be the embodiment of evil, but he can sure boogie..."
                  If we're talking about the originals, maybe, but they messed up the special edition with the CG glitterball and background dancers.

Having said that, the special edition greatly cleaned up Yoda's snowboarding sequence.

Comment

Fairly bad movies with fairly bad writing, fairly bad acting, fairly bad directing and horrible hideous direct to fast food toy tie-ins aka Muppets. Is this why?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Berserk
                      i dont like fantasy...
                      Well, there goes your entire worldview.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

This is a bit dated but still brings a smile to my lips.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia

This is a bit dated but still brings a smile to my lips.
                          I gather I'm a bit out of the loop, but you were named in the page, and I was curious as to your relation with it.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Attack of the clones was much worse than the Phantom Menace, at least based on my inital viewing of it. That opinion may change when I get the DVD for christmas though.
                            Return of the Jedi was always tops for me. With ANH and ESB in a draw for second.
                            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Anakin in Episode 2 was much, much, much more annoying than Jar Jar. An incredibly cheesy romance story wasn't the brightest thing Lucas thought of.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Natalie Portman. Cold filming set. Nuff said.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X