Are you ready for some Football - Week 13 - Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready for some Football - Week 13 - Thanksgiving

NFL Football and Thanksgiving... A tradition.

But what a miserable pair of games. I know it's tradition for the Lions and Dallas to play on Thanksgiving, but I couldn't pick two more boring games if I tried... Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... Washington / Dallas, once a great rivalry... but now, two lossing teams that only the locals care about. And for this Dallas has to stay in the Eastern Divison... madness...

And Detroit / New England... more snore. But I guess it could be worse... the Thanksgiving day tradition was started by the Bears playing the Cardinals (when the Cards still played in Chicago)... Those two teams played many games on Thanksgiving and started the whole NFL/Thanksgiving thing...

So as far as todays matchups go, I can only say...

gobble... gobble... gobble...

And for all those in the Apolyton Lombardi League... you have less than two hours to get ALL your picks in.
    And Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Go Pats, go Pats, go Pats!

Comment

Turkey is awesome, potatoes are awesome, stuffing OMFG is awesome... HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!

I do feel shafted though. We get to watch the Lions, the Cowboys, and the Redskins??? What kind of crap is that? The only decent team is the Patriots... and they aren't an exciting team to watch either. The NFL really needs to schedule games better. It's bad enough they put the Bears on 3 Monday night games.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I want to say I'm sorry to my teammates for missing my picks.I was out of town and couldn't make it back in time.Sorry.
        Next to battle lost,misery is a battle gained.
        --Duke of Wellington(after Waterloo)

Comment

Yeah... a real exciting first game... snooze... Maybe the next game will be better... doubtful... we are talking Dallas and Washington
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

And so far, Washington and Dallas are living up to what was expected... yawn... bring on the Turkey...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I watched the entire Washington - Dallas game today. This HAS to be the most inept professional football game I have ever seen. Incapable players, lousy execution, idiotic coaching (fake reverse on third and one?????), etc etc. And, yes, I would say the same thing even if the 'Skins had won. Jeez do we suck.

Steven Davis is gone next year for sure, and you have to wonder whether Arrington and Bailey are going to stick around once their contracts are up.

[/ ]
              Old posters never die.
              They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

God, the Redskins MUST suck if Dallas beat them
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Redskins really suck :zzzz: What a poor call, Dallas and Washington on one of the biggest days for football. I'd rather watch soccer

Comment

Hmmm... I actually enjoyed the Dallas/Washington game.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Hmmm... I actually enjoyed the Dallas/Washington game.
                      Me too, watching Washingtons punter walk of the field with his nose flattened to his face was pretty cool.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

As usual, I suck on Thanksgiving... 0 for 2. Ah well.

Seeing the retro unis in the Pats/Lions game was fun though
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Am I ready for some football? Hell yes.

Unfortunately, the same can not be said for my abyssmal Lions. Ye Gods, they sucketh mightily.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Guy: Well, I'm pretty sure Mornhinweg punched his ticket out of town with his bonehead decisions last week against Chicago, and Harrington is a guy they can build a good offense around (though yesterday's loss was his fault - take out NE's scores off Harrington's turnovers and Detroit has itself a 12-6 win). What I'm saying is... there's hope for the future, where none existed before.

And I'm immensely pleased this weekend since I'll actually be able to watch my Bucs exact their revenge against the Saints (SI is nuts for thinking that the Saints will "catch the Bucs sleeping"...). No one's gonna stop us now! I will be the only one to get a Lombardi bonus!
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                              Guy: Well, I'm pretty sure Mornhinweg punched his ticket out of town with his bonehead decisions last week against Chicago, and Harrington is a guy they can build a good offense around (though yesterday's loss was his fault - take out NE's scores off Harrington's turnovers and Detroit has itself a 12-6 win). What I'm saying is... there's hope for the future, where none existed before.
                              Hope for the future, where none existed before? Are you mad?!

Two years ago, before M&M took over, the Lions finished 9-7, just barely missing the playoffs as a result of a last second 53-yard field goal by the Bears in the last game of the season. Since then? 5-23.

Helluva future we're building here.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X