No announcement yet.

Brain teaser thread 2 - return of the teasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The king dies and two men both claim to be his long-lost son.
    A test is proposed to determine the identity of the true heir.
    One man agrees to the test, the other refuses.
    The one who agreed is sent packing and the one who refused is identified as the rightful heir.
    What was the test?
    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

**** the queen
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

No.
        But... interesting way to approach the problem
        "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Engage the Gore-a-tron 4000 in a no-holds barred wrestling match. The real heir has hemophilia 'cause he's a noble and wisely refuses.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

The test was to kill the King, and the one who refused is the King's son, the one who agreed was a rebel.

I don't know, do you expect me to? I'm going with Felch on this one.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

That must have been a fascinating test, being that the kind is already dead. The king summons the two candidates, says "I've gone senile and can't remember which one of you is my boy, but we need to determine the heir to the throne since I will soon be dead. Why? Because whichever one of you kills me must be my son! Why am I creating this succession issue? I don't know! I'm CRAZY! HAHAHAHA!"

Some clues wouldn't hurt, Ignorance. There are too many right answers. For all we know, the test was to ride a wild wumpus. Because, ya see, at a young age they arranged with the prince that if he ever needed to prove who he was, all he needed to do was refuse to a wumpus-riding test. And then they spread lots of rumors that the prince was an awesome wumpus rider, his legendary wumpus was the best, blah blah blah, so the rebels go find the best wumpus rider they can when the time comes and have him pretend to be the prince, but hah! The joke's on him, he never actually knew how to ride wumpusi.
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Maybe the fake heir is sent on a quest that the real heir knows is a wild goose chase.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

heres a problem: rearrange the number so that

212 = 441

numbers cannot go across = (no 214 = 214)

you cant add signs. (no 2-2+1 = 4-4+1)

You cant add numbers

You cant drop a number either

Ill come by tomorrow to give u guys the answer.
                  Last edited by Zero; December 7, 2002, 04:14.
                  :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
                    heres a problem: rearrange the number so that

212 = 441
                    21^2 = 441

With pen and paper, you can simply write the 2 as an exponent, instead of using the ^ symbol.

You can also use 12^2 = 144, if you like.
                    The long list of nonsense

Comment

Working...
                    X