No announcement yet.

Should BCS Be Replaced By Playoffs? -- Guynemer's Proposal -- Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I remember why I didn't reply to this post. There's no argument that's worth my time.

Two teams went undefeated. Those teams are going to play for the national title. It's the best possible outcome. Get over it.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Pure luck... It didn't work last year, and probably won't work next year... but oh, let's keep paying the old greedy BCS farts money to run something they shouldn't be involved in
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• "Yeah, USC beat Notre Dame like a redheaded stepchild; ND had more success against high-level competition throughout the season."

As much as I would like to agree with you that this should be counted, I can't in this instance. By the BCS formula, USC had the toughest schedule overall, where ND had the 15th toughest schedule. I have no reason to believe that USC didn't earn it more than did ND. ND had Navy, BC, and Rutgers, after all.

Also, I think this is indicative of the controversy that would surround an 8 team playoff. ND is on the fence in this instance. So instead of losing a chance at a national championship that would have happened in a playoff (and the NCAA lost 3 potential $$$ games), ND has just lost a chance at a bigger payday. No injustice here.

The only small qualm I have with this year's BCS is that FSU gets a bid.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Hell, let's just go back to the polls and the bowls, ok?

Comment

• So instead of losing a chance at a national championship that would have happened in a playoff (and the NCAA lost 3 potential $$$ games), ND has just lost a chance at a bigger payday.

It is much more palatable to have a controversy over who gets in on the edges of playoff rather than controversy over the title game... or did you forget the hubbub when Nebraska made it last year?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• "or did you forget the hubbub when Nebraska made it last year?"

Wasn't paying attention last year. Too busy crying in my beer.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Hell, let's just go back to the polls and the bowls, ok?

Actually I'd prefer that to the mess of the BCS. At least there was no pretending there that the national championship was simply a subjective title bestowed.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                X