Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd?

Ooops, sorry... I just forgot.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• BTW, Imran, if that Sapp hit is really not the way the game is played in 2002, why is the rule unchanged? Why is no fine forthcoming? The league immediately issued a statement saying it a was a legal hit. It's a violent, dangerous sport. People do get hurt.

I understand that you think Sapp is a jerk with no class. But let's not confused that with the rules.txt of the NFL.

A final shot at Warner -- He has got to know there is pressure coming, and has got to be able to unload before he's hit. The play call was bad, someone missed a block -- all true. But ultimately, the ball was in Warner's hands. The "best QB in history" failed in the clutch.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Just because there is no fine, doesn't mean the play wasn't dirty. There is plenty of leagal hits that are 'dirty'. People do get hurt, but nailing someone not even close to the play and not even doing anything is a bit much.

I'll say it again, if he nailed Farve in the same way, he'd be suspended for two games and fined. It is just a prejudice against OL.

As for Warner, he didn't even finish his drop! Martz called for a 5-step drop, and Arrington came from his blind side. If it was a 3 step drop, he could have gotten rid of it, but when you have a 5 step drop on a play, you HAVE to take the 5 steps, because the St. Louis offense, like most West Coast offenses, are based on timing.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And winning is based on execution.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The QB has one responsibility in that sitaution... DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID! And he did... Bad play call... YEP... Bad execution... YEP!

Both equal a loss.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Question. Do the Rams allow Warner to call his own plays? Surely they allow him to audible out of it if need be, so he does have partial responsibility for play call. But depending on whether he calls his own plays or not he may not be the primary offender on play selection. Some culpability, but perhaps not the lion share.

As for bad execution, Imran argues the fact that execuation is not only a personal thing but is also a team performance goal. The fact that the QB in this particular play was not able to execute the designated play may or may not have anything to do with his own individual performance but moreover the performance of his "O" line.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• By the way Detroit defense is ranked 30th and has allowed the most touchdowns and allowed an injured Jim Miller to score 10 unanswered points.

I don't care what his faith in his defense is. you have to look objectively how could your defense is. And Detroits defense is abysmal.

Comment

• I don't think Warner calls too many of his own plays.

Peyton Manning is one of the best QB's at doing that. He audibled all the time against Philadelphia and consequently this allowed him to succeed against many blitz packages Philadelphia runs.

But I think St. Louis coaches probably have too much of an ego trip about their play calling ability to let Kurt Warner run his own plays. But I have seen Kurt Warner audible from time to time. Just not too often.

Comment

• Few, if any, QB's still call the play. Most, if not all, audible.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• In that situation, 17 seconds left, on the 6 yard line, I'm not sure most coaches would allow their QBs, even a 2 time MVP to call his own play.

Comment

• In that situation, 17 seconds left, on the 6 yard line, the QB is in control of the team's destiny. Even if he chooses not to audible, he should be aware enough to throw the ball away.

Not at all bitter about the loss -- to Danny Wuerffel, I might add -- are we, Imran?

Comment

• Warners most important task at this point is to get rid of the ball. Sure they were all over him, but it's not like he shouldn't have been expecting it. He knew the game situation... He knew what his responsibilites were... he lost the game. Granted, the coach decided to go for it, but I'm sure Warner would have been the first person to tell him to do so.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Well seeing how the OT John St. Clair totally blew the block, I don't see how Warner lost the game.

I don't think that every sack is the QB's fault .

And Jrabbit, why should I bit bitter about the loss? It helps the Falcons even more. What I'm bitter is that people are blaming Warner for the loss for no good reason except that he got sacked. You do realize that QB's can get sacked, right? He was supposed to have a 5 step drop, but right when he got there he got hit from his blindside.

I don't know how many super-natural QBs you've witnessed, but most QBs don't have eyes in the back of their heads.

It's just silly to place most of the blame on the QB.

Comment

• Yeah I'ld blame the loss on that PSU alum, Arrington.

Kudos to a great defensive play and player.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I'm blaming Warner because he didn't do his job when it counted. The game is on the line... He knows the preasure is coming just by doing a defensive read... I don't care if it's on his blind side... His job is to get rid of the ball if the play isn't there. It's that simple. He failed. Granted, many other people failed in the game... but when it came down to it, his final failure cost them a chance at the game.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X