Tyrranny or Anarchy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrranny or Anarchy?

Which is the lesser of the two evils? Thomas Hobbes felt that Tyrrany was prefferable, but i disagree. How do you feel on the subject?
    Tyrrany
    44.44%
    Anarchy
    41.67%
    They are the same thing
    11.11%
    Bannana
    2.78%
    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

At least with a Tyrany you always know who your enemy is. Tyrant vs. his/her subjects and vis-versa.

In Anarchy it's harder to know who'll stick by you and who'll stab you in the back for their own interests.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Tyranny, Absolute power corupts, but in anarchy all people are corrupted absolutly. (e.g. Enron, a result of no law in capitalism)

Comment

it's tyranny

one r and two ns
        CSPA

Comment

I would prefer anarchy. At least you have the chance to fight back if someone tries to screw you over. And in tyranny, it's a given that your rights are being abused and not so in anarchy.
          If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

I don't think an anarchy can exist for a long time. Sooner or later a leader or a group of leaders will emerge.
            CSPA

Comment

anarchy is order
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I don't think Anarchy is an evil.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'd prefer Anarchy. At least you will still have the freedom to act, think, and speak... and to break laws and crawl and grapple your way to survive. In tyranny, you have to do what the other guy tells you too.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I misspelled it on purpous.......

because..... well i didn't really mean to, sorry.
                    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Check dis speeling:

I dono, but id preferr tirany meself, just cuz id kiss the tirant's butt.

Big promo for me!!

(Human Spell-checkers be damned!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                        I don't think an anarchy can exist for a long time. Sooner or later a leader or a group of leaders will emerge.
                        Correct. Probably a tyranasuarus.

Comment

Your chance of ending up at the bottom of a river is much higher in an anarchy. In a tyranny, there's just one person (or group of persons) who can screw you over. In an anarchy, everybody gets a chance to do it.

In other words, everybody is a mini-tyran in an anarchy.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            Your chance of ending up at the bottom of a river is much higher in an anarchy. In a tyranny, there's just one person (or group of persons) who can screw you over. In an anarchy, everybody gets a chance to do it.

In other words, everybody is a mini-tyran in an anarchy.
                            Thats what I was trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                              I don't think Anarchy is an evil.
                              But certainly might makes right is?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X